HELLO ALL!!!! I am having problems backingup my BB/Bold to my PC, sometimes it will ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ctu24 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Problems backing up to pc (bb/bold)

Advertisement

HELLO ALL!!!!

I am having problems backingup my BB/Bold to my PC, sometimes it will back up,however most ofthe time when sycning an error data backing up appears!!!!
    this is really fustrating help!!!!!

i was told to clear the cache via options - browser. this seemed to work for a while the the problem has returned.

can you help?

thank you in advance.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Does this error happen when you first hook the BB to the PC or just when you try backing up. You might try un-installing DM and re-installing it. Also what version of DM are you running?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Like BHP77 said, the DM. If you're running 4.7, downgrade to 4.6 by completely uninstalling the previous install first and then installing 4.6

Second, you can also try clearing your logs: back out to the homescreen, hold down the "alt" hey and punch in "l""g""l""g". And clear the log

If all else fails, go into advanced backup and manually remove databases that are causing the error ( you run the backup on everything and see where it gets stuck and remove it, might take a few tries but it'll get you a workable backup). I've noticed that once you do this, the next standard backup will work flawlessly... (Don't ask why... It just does... )

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Try battery pull before the backup as well might help as well.

timn2bama no está en línea Stack level 2
    Turn off memory cleaning if its on. When I ran memory cleaning
    it used to give me errors always and when I turned it off no errors figure that.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctu24 View Post
    HELLO ALL!!!!

I am having problems backingup my BB/Bold to my PC, .............
    As reddrvgon said in post #3, if you're using DM 4.7 that's probably your problem. That version hasn't been very successful and 4.6 is much more stable/dependable.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by ctu24 View Post
    HELLO ALL!!!!

I am having problems backingup my BB/Bold to my PC, sometimes it will back up,however most ofthe time when sycning an error data backing up appears!!!!
    this is really fustrating help!!!!!

i was told to clear the cache via options - browser. this seemed to work for a while the the problem has returned.

can you help?

thank you in advance.
    While backing up are you watching the progress? If not try it again and tell me where it stops or the error occurs. Usually where it occurs is the database that you need to remove. This happened to me on my 8310 with the profile database. I just deleted it and all was better.

So if you can narrow it down to the database that is corrupt then you can probably fix the issue.

ctu24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Good suggestions! I will follow most
    Of the advise given. clear logg? Never tried that before. I will let you know I got on. Thanks again all for the support.<br />
    <font size="1"><i>~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~</i></font>