I have the same thing happening every time I try to synch with Outlook. Even ... BlackBerry Bold forum

robeko no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow Problem synching with Outlook

Advertisement

I have the same thing happening every time I try to synch with Outlook.

Even though I have not made any changes to contacts DM asks for permission to make changes to Outlook or the Bold. The changes are ussually the pictures.

So in Outlook some contacts have pictures and then, after synching, they don't have them anymore.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Which is more up to date? the device, or the desktop address book? I would recommend let whichever one more accurate do the override (one way sync) so they can both be on the same page. Then do a 2 way sync afterward.

robeko no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

Thanks Charlie. I followed your advice and it appears to be running smoothly now.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    I always go through this because my wife and i BBs syncs with outlook. So All it takes is for her to edit a contact in outlook and the device for something to be screwed up, since i do all the syncing. So worse case scenario, The outlook is always the overriding authority if there's a problem.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Also, you can go and delete the address book in the phone and then bring everything from outlook to the device.

Rpollock2801 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I synch my Bold with Outlook using exchange server via internet. Last week contacts stopped synching when appointments and email continue to synch. My IT guy is puzzled. I enter contacts from both my desktop and from my BB. Any suggestions?