My Bold has now received .210 but my backup file is still sulking on my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jack no está en línea Stack level 2

Problem restoring backup

Advertisement

My Bold has now received .210 but my backup file is still sulking on my desktop.My pin shows on Desktop manager, but when I click restore it starts to transfer then fails and says there was a comms error.Its going to be really tedious if Ive got to use Amber to manually input my data every time.....any help guys?

thanks in advance

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You may need to do a selective restore and restore databases one at a time. Thankfully it is not a very long process even with a huge amount of information to restore. Using the selective restore, you can figure out if there is a problem with the database or a possible issue with your comp or BB.

To do a selective restore:
    1. Launch DM
    2. Click on Backup/Restore
    3. Click on Advanced
    4. Click File
    5. Find the backup you wish to restore and tell it to open.
    6. Click on the database you want to restore to highlight it.
    7. Click on the 2nd set of arrows in between the two display boxes to send that database to the phone. It will overwrite and replace the existing database on the phone with the one in the backup.
    8. Repeat 6 and 7 until done or you encounter an error.

Zo

amigotek

thanks for your advice, followed it until 6 but the list , although there, seems faint as if greyed out and wont allow me to proceed again saying comms error a if it isnt connected.But if it isnt connected how can I view the back up file in advanced, even if it is faint?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    The list on the left side of the screen is what is on your computer. The list on the right side is what is on the phone. If the list on the right side is greyed out, you might want to try a different cable and/or computer.

Zo

Sorry to appear dim, the left hand list , my backup file is there, albeit 'greyed out'.The right side is blank, when i click refresh transfer begins but immediately comes up with an error message saying it could not connect,if it cant connect at all then how does it know my device's PIN it has to be connected surely?