I switched from my 8800 to the Bold about a week ago. So far, thankfully, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

DPC
    DPC no está en línea Stack level 3

Problem Downloading Themes

Advertisement

I switched from my 8800 to the Bold about a week ago. So far, thankfully, I haven't run into any problems and everything has worked great. However, yesterday I found two themes that I liked and downloaded them and installed them through the DM.

Every time I turned my Bold on I would get an uncaught exception error message.

I removed both themes and that fixed the problem.

I'm just curious if I did something wrong while download the themes and if this is common.

Thanks in advance.
    In heaven, all the interesting people are missing - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Were the themes designed for the Bold? You will have problems installing non device/o.s. specific themes on your device. All kinds of bad things can happen.....
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Have you tried the themes one-by-one? That will tell you if it's one or both causing the problem.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

DPC
    DPC no está en línea Stack level 3
    The themes were both designed for the Bold so I don't think that was the problem.

I tried the themes one-by-one and both of them gave the same error messages.

I guess I'll just stick to the theme that came with the Bold. My Bold was acting real strange this morning, not starting up, receiving emails, ect...So I don't want to risk messing it up just for a theme.

Appreciate the advice.
    In heaven, all the interesting people are missing - Friedrich Nietzsche