Hello everyone. I upgraded my brothers Bold to the 4.6.0.237 OS, and i don't lnow ... BlackBerry Bold forum

royeiror no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208C2087

Preloaded Media is gone

Advertisement

Hello everyone.
    I upgraded my brothers Bold to the 4.6.0.237 OS, and i don't lnow if the previous OS had the same problem, but all the preloaded sounds and alarms are gone.
    I tried reinstalling the OS, wiping it, and installing on a clean phone, i even tried loading the specific files with the java loader, and still no dice, can anyone help me out?

I thought about sending my preloaded media from my phone to his, but i can't copy it, short of searching around for aftermarket sounds and ringtones, does anyone have a clue of what i could do?

i even tried what some people with Storms did removing the battery for a few minutes and still no dice.

The phone is brand new so i doubt there could be a BES policy in it, plus the wipe should have taken care of it, right?

Maybe if someone had the pack of default sounds to send?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You might have your best luck looking for the preloaded media online. If the Bold operating systems upgrades are like the 4.5 ones for other devices. RIM has removed preloaded media to provide more space. If I get a chance tomorrow I will see if I can find them online for you. I really think that is your only option.

requiemX55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F1671
    same thing happened when i upgraded my cruves os the only way to get them backis to download them.

PIN/ID
    208C2087
    Thank you. I'll check if I can find them as well
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    208C2087
    Google's a bit deeper and got to this thread
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f59/preloaded_bb_ringtones-40493/

seems like most of the sounds are there, if not the fancy ones specific for the bold, but at least my brother can have cricket for BB messenger and what not.

Thanks you guys, and i hope the other thread helps you in case you have the same problem as me