I have just upgraded to Bold 2 from 8320. I can't remember what ... BlackBerry Bold forum
Please Help! Need Chinese on New Bold2
I have just upgraded to Bold 2 from 8320. I can't remember what I did to my t-mobile curve, I have always been reading chinese and inputing with strok input and other methods.
I am with At&T now
- I have downloaded the most updated eastasia os from at&T site yesterday.
- Loaded the os onto bold, with no help
BB desktop manager indicate that I have no updates.
- I then downloaded the latest eastasia version from Vodafone
- remove the vendor.xml
- connected my phone to laptop
- I then downgraded the phone to original os.
- renamed the AppLoader folder to xAppLoader
- re-run the VodaFone eastasia Software on my laptop
- removed vendor xml
- Connected the phone to laptop
- re-update, still no use.
Please help, I need Chinese on my BB, I don't know how.
I also wonder will I loose visual voice mail software from AT&T.
Thanks in advance.
First, remove all Blackberry OS versions from you PC... through Add/Remove Programs.
Backup your device with DM, then disconnect your device... Download and install the EastAsian version from Vodafone sounds like the best path... delete the Vendor.xml... then connect your device and use the Loader.exe (don't use DM).
Thanks for the straight forward and easy instructions, I will try this tonight and report hopefully good news.
As for the At&T Visual Voice mail ico on my phone now, will that stay on my bold then?
Yes, it will, unless you want to remove it... I don't get enough voice mails to really use it, so I'm thinking about removing it with BBSAK.
Thanks a million, I will report results tonight.
I just did it. It works out great, I can read and write chinese now. The original AT& T programs are intact.
Tags for this Thread