Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK so what should I do. Is there any difference in getting a unbranded factory ... BlackBerry Bold forum

antelope1 no está en línea Stack level 2

PLEASE HELP!!! Should I get a unbranded factory unlocked bold or a rogers b

Advertisement

OK so what should I do. Is there any difference in getting a unbranded factory unlocked bold or a rogers bold thats already unlocked. Thanks for your time.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    Is purchasing a unbranded factory unlocked Bold an option? How do you go about purchasing one?
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    there is absolutely no difference except the lack of logo on the unbranded one and i would assume you are getting it from somebody as opposed to a store with receipt so here are some things for you to consider :
    Warranty:
    Rogers one vs Grey Market one : if you dont have a proof of purchase you cannot claim warranty (and im saying this because i have seen it happen to a customer that lost their POP and Rogers would not send a replacement).
    Unbranded Bolds (some of them) were the beta units that were floating around and therefore are limited in what they can do (like they can only upgrade to a specific firmware and no more, they didnt have the leather backing, they lacked the 1gb onboard etc...).
    So there you go things to consider.
    I chose to go with the Rogers one and do not regret one bit.

dtx
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    Rogers will send a replacement without POP as long as the IMEI is active on your account, so make sure you call Rogers when you get the device and do an Equipment Change on your account. I had this issue last month with my Pearl. I added the Pearl to my account and called back the next day, and got a replacement, no issues :-)
    --
    DTx
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

antelope1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks Ran. Can you get me a rogers bold haha.

dtx
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    Come to Calgary! I'll hook you up! ahaha
    --
    DTx
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    There are also a lot of pre-productions units floating around. These units can be branded Rogers or unbranded. The problem with them are the pins, they do not work.

So make sure you get it from a reputable dealer and better stick with a Rogers Production unit.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx View Post
    Rogers will send a replacement without POP as long as the IMEI is active on your account, so make sure you call Rogers when you get the device and do an Equipment Change on your account. I had this issue last month with my Pearl. I added the Pearl to my account and called back the next day, and got a replacement, no issues :-)
    that is only because they could see that the IMEI was still under manufacturer's warranty and after 2 days they HAVE to honor it as we have a 30days policy for over the counter exchange.
    trust me i work for rogers head office.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope1 View Post
    Thanks Ran. Can you get me a rogers bold haha.
    well if youre around Ottawa i can.

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Keep in mind that Beta phones have a watermark on them so you will know if its a Beta on. And as stated earlier, the hardware may not be exactly the same. It just all depends on the final release date of the unbranded one you get. Find a reputable seller who has had people purchased from them the same device. If they are satisfied then its a good chance you will be too. Also you can buy a Rogers branded one and go to cnn.cn to buy a bottom cover to replace the Rogers logo.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Keep in mind that Beta phones have a watermark on them so you will know if its a Beta on. And as stated earlier, the hardware may not be exactly the same. It just all depends on the final release date of the unbranded one you get. Find a reputable seller who has had people purchased from them the same device. If they are satisfied then its a good chance you will be too. Also you can buy a Rogers branded one and go to cnn.cn to buy a bottom cover to replace the Rogers logo.
    yeah you can do that too im thinking of getting an unbranded bottom piece for my rogers bold

dtx
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    that is only because they could see that the IMEI was still under manufacturer's warranty and after 2 days they HAVE to honor it as we have a 30days policy for over the counter exchange.
    trust me i work for rogers head office.
    Oh I trust you. I managed a Rogers Plus store for 2 years and I now manage a Source by Circuit City and sell Rogers. Trust me. :-P

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Whatever you say then dtx but at least i shared my knowledge.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    I bought the unbranded one off ebay, and its not the BETA unit. Its fully functional with 1gb on board, leather back, etc...an i would go wit unbranded at least when u turn on ur bb u dont see that rogers logo wit is ennoying when using diff provider

dtx
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    Whoa. Why the attitude? We're all here to share our knowledge ren. I wasn't discounting what you shared, I was just sharing my credentials and my experiences. I appologize if I offended you at all. We're all here for the same thing right, to help each other with our own individual knowledge and experience and everyone's information is valuable.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast