Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, technically the browser is unchanged, but with the new layout/design of the forums, browsing ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C

Pinstack "fixes" the BB browser font size issue!!!

Advertisement

Well, technically the browser is unchanged, but with the new layout/design of the forums, browsing and posting /w the Bold is better and easier then ever.

Column view has been the advised setting for the BB browser to help text legibility since day one with our Bolds, but Pinstack did us a huge favor and made it even better. Previously (even in column view) it was still quite difficult to read most text on the forums without zooming in. It was easy enough to zoom, but then we were left scrolling left and right to read a full post. The way everything is laid out and centered now allows us Bold users to zoom in and not have to pan side to side to read anything!!!

I can't describe how happy this all makes me. If it wasn't for the text wrap issue I would have absolutely no reason to use Opera Mini, and I'm much more willing to put up with the BB browser for forum posting now.

I realise that I'm probably not the first one to notice the recent improvements, but I still wanted to voice my praise for our beloved Pinstack crew, kudos to you guys for stepping in and creating a very effective bandaid fix for RIMs shortcomings.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    im with you! i have 'slimmed' down my wap browsing for this very fact. i am LOVING the new layout! whoo hoo!!

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    What about those of us that didn't have the "bold" issue? Okay, as I type my question, I do like the way the font looks when I type. But it looks horrible on the pearl. I may be the only one but how if ppainle can I go back to the way it was?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Last post should have said possible. sorry.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I was just thinking about this, sure its great for us Bold users, but what about everyone else.

Aside from PMing hayden you could start up a thread in the forum dedicated to your berry to get it out in the open.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    not sure what changes he made on the backend to fix this for us 4.6 users. there is a thread in site announcements where you can post your issues

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Good to know, not that I have any issues, but its nice to know appropriate measures are being taken.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

betavirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    Prior to this upgrade I had just about given up on this site. Now it is sweet!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by betavirus View Post
    Prior to this upgrade I had just about given up on this site.
    Just for clarification, it was _NOT_ the PinStack Site, but rather the BB Browser in the new OS versions 4.5, 4.6, 4.7

It's mostly when one visits forums where the fonts are very tiny at the forum thread level where one posts responses, or entries. If you wish to verify this simply go to just about any other forum on the web and you will see that it does the same thing.

PinStack is a superb site and Hayden has taken it upon himself to make modifications to the site, so as to resolve an issue which he is not responsible for. It is his commitment to excellence that provides this community with a World Class Site to enjoy.

There is no better site on the web for smartphone users and enthusiasts to participate in.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Well said archer...as usual, I can't wait to see what hayden and crew have up their sleeves over the coming weeks and months, as I'm sure our home sweet home will only grow and improve as time goes on.

GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Great improvement for the 8220!
    I like many others had just about given up on wap browsing beyond a quick review. This is much better and now I can uninstall opera!
    Last edited by GaryF; 12-27-2008 at 04:16 PM.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    In cleaning out a few apps that are no longer needed I have also dispersed of Opera. All that's left to fix now is the text wrap issue and I'm fairly confident that either RIM or hayden and crew will find a solution.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    So glad to hear that things got sorted out!

After my one week stint with the ATT Fuze, I'm calling today to send it back and get a Bold. Looks like the site changes came just in time for me!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    So glad to hear that things got sorted out!

After my one week stint with the ATT Fuze, I'm calling today to send it back and get a Bold. Looks like the site changes came just in time for me!
    What were the pros & cons, and why did you give it up?
    Thanks
    sent via BlackBerry Bold

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Well, I never had a chance to see the site problems on the Bold prior to the site redesign, but as of now, on my new Bold, it looks great! (However, I am seeing the text wrapping issue...)

Now that I'm back home to a BlackBerry, I have to say my week away was a mixed bag. I really want true 2-way IMAP so I tried the ATT Fuze combined with the Flexmail app. Great hardware and nice application, but at the end of the day I missed the BlackBerry too much.

For me, it boiled down to three main issues: the keyboard (no auto-correct, hard to type on and simple things that are simply overlooked), the battery life (8 hours at best) and the stability (rebooted twice a day at least)

I'm still not sold on the Bold keyboard, but the screen and processing speed are awsome!!

Glad to be back to a great and easily viewable forum!!!

Edit to add: To see my full thoughts on the Fuze, see my Blog here.
    Last edited by mjwood0; 12-27-2008 at 03:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast