Hi guys first, i am new to pinstack so just want to intro my self. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

trulite1985 no está en línea Stack level 1

Pin Release

Advertisement

Hi guys

first, i am new to pinstack so just want to intro my self. Name is Tn.

I have just brought a blackberry bold of ebay but guess what? i need the pin released somehow. I have spoken to my network provider and they sed i need to contact the previous owner to get them to release the pin for me. All i know is their password for the account and that they was on vodafone. Other then that i dont have any other information as the seller on ebay was selling the device but was not the owner of it.

Can anyone help? i have posted on another thread but have had no reply so i was wondering if anyone can help me or at least guide me to the right place to get it released

Many thanks in advance and apologise if this has been covered over and over

Tn

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    sounds like you stole it
    torched!

you know... if you dont have anything constructive to say to help me then you rele shouldnt bother...

and no i didnt steal it. Like i sed i brought it of ebay perfectly legit and as anyone who buys second hand would know...the pin is always registered to the previous owner and not always possible to find out who that is.

eatmypiano if he is still about used to release pins for people and he would understand my situation. Please if you do not have any help please do not add to the thread as i do need this sorted.

Regards

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    What does that mean pin release?

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post

Isnt the pin in the phone?
    The pin is like a unique identity number for each blackberry device. Yes it is in the phone itself.

When you first set up the phone and the email services you require 2 bits of information, the pin and the imei. once an account has been registered, the pin is then allocated to that account. it acts as a unique identifier. What happens when you buy or sell the phone on is that you need the PIN to be released in order for the new owner to register email facilities under their name.

By releasing the pin i would then be able to register the device so i can access my emails on there and until then the account remains under the previous owner.

Hope that clears some things up for you

afterburner no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Ask that previous owner to call in BlackBerry Tech support and have them delete that PIN # from the server. Once that's done, you should be able to log in and register as if it is a new. Hope this helps.
    The AfterBURNER

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Problem is, he doesn't know the previous owner.

Try calling Vodafone and see if they can release it.

It will be expensive to call the UK

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I don't have an answer for you but this is another good example of a post I made a week or two ago. If you buy a device online always ask the seller for the pin before you close the deal so you can check it and don't end up stuck with a paper weight. Hopefully you can get this worked out. Also I hope it is a lesson to other online buyers to ask before you buy.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    It mean that he is triny to set up his email and Blackberry services and get a message saying that the PIN is in use. The owner with the password needs to cancel his accouint so someone else can use the divice and PIN.

Sometimes you can talk the carrier into doing this but sometimes they will not. It is one of the problems in buy a used Blackberry device.

If nothing else you need to tell the eBay seller that the PIN is in use and you can not use the device and get them to return your money. EBay might even help but from what I have seen eBay is only into helping themselves.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah... if you really cant contact the first original owner of the device your OOL ...
    Unless you escalate it to RIM and they might be able to do something.
    Good Luck!