hello everyone! i'm loving my new bold so far! switching from the iphone was 100% ... BlackBerry Bold forum

aiyssa no está en línea Stack level 2

pictures showing up as x's in browser?

Advertisement

hello everyone!

i'm loving my new bold so far! switching from the iphone was 100% a great idea.

however i'm having a couple problems with it. when trying to go to sites like this: http://forums.pinstack.com/f191/9000...empt_at-97572/ to look at themes and stuff they show up as x's.

the phone also wont allow me to go into any type of "media net" application. it says HTTP Error 403 Forbidden .. you are not authorized to view this page. please try loading a different page.

i'm wondering if these 2 problems are related and if either can be fixed?

thanks in advance!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    1: Load a page in your browser
    2: Click the Berry (Menu) button
    3: Select Options
    4: Select Browser Configuration
    5: Scroll down and look for Show images (set it to On WML & HTML Pages)

Let me know if this doesn't help.

As far as the media net is concerned.... Who is your provider? Some providers tend to throttle some media sites that are, in their opinion, too costly for them to provide.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 12-29-2008 at 12:31 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    In all fairness I have had no issues viewing any images online with my Bold until I checked out that link. I have a funny feeling the issue lies elsewhere and that your Bold is fine. I would suggest visiting other sites or even checking other theme threads on Pinstack for images. Tecnically even the colored bars and logo at the top of this very page are considered images so if those are loading I highly doubt its an issue with your browser configuration...more likely something to do with the method used to upload the pictures in question.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post

Good call, something I overlooked, but again, if images such as the Pinstack logo load then shouldn't the thumbnails posted in the thread?

I could be wrong about this but just for more information, I have images set to be displayed on both types of pages in the browser settings and the images in question are the first ones I have seen show up as "x's".

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Good call, something I overlooked, but again, if images such as the Pinstack logo load then shouldn't the thumbnails posted in the thread?

I could be wrong about this but just for more information, I have images set to be displayed on both types of pages in the browser settings and the images in question are the first ones I have seen show up as "x's".
    You know what? You could be right. With all the changes going on around here, there is a chance that some of the image links are messed up now and then.

Also, images that are uploaded to pinstack, and not linked to another site don't show up. Although, in this case the images simply don't show up, they don't leave an image placeholder.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    You know what? You could be right. With all the changes going on around here, there is a chance that some of the image links are messed up now and then.

Also, images that are uploaded to pinstack, and not linked to another site don't show up. Although, in this case the images simply don't show up, they don't leave an image placeholder.
    Correct you are, there's no space where the image should be. Typically with a broken image link or browser issue you would at least still see that placeholder or outline of where the image should be.

Until we here from hayden and crew that updates/changes to the site are 100% finished I don't think we should try and come to any huge conclusions here, especially when its a very strange/specific issue.

aiyssa no está en línea Stack level 2
    actually yes, it is working for all of the other sites. of course the first one i went to would have links like that and i would do a little freak out and post on here 2 seconds later.

my provider is at&t

thanks guys!

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Haha, no problem at all, that's why Pinstack and us addicts are here damn neer 24/7.

Enjoy your Bold, I'm sure soon enough (if it hasn't already happened) it'll never leave your side.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

As far as the media net is concerned.... Who is your provider? Some providers tend to throttle some media sites that are, in their opinion, too costly for them to provide.

Do you recommend that we have the 'Support Javascript' box checked in the Browser Configuration too ?

I'm just a bit nervous to do so as have just had the 'uncaught exception java.lang.nullpointerexception' error to deal with (a battery push did the trick) and wondered if this error could have been Java related (clue being in the title).

SM

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I have used the browser with this setting both checked and un-checked and I don't think I noticed a change, but the only browsing I do is to Pinstack anyways.