hey i have a unlocked bold on Tmobile which ive had since about october... it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jayeburd22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DB9E2

Question Phone Freezing...

Advertisement

hey i have a unlocked bold on Tmobile which ive had since about october... it has been my fav phone so far... the only problem i have is that it has been freezing alot..like a hourglass comes up and just keeps going..... like twice a day it does this....i have a 2gb ssd and i have deleted all unused apps and texts and emails.... and i just recently got a otterbox and it gives me hell trying to do a battery pull.... lol....has anyone else had this problem??
    *I HOPE U DIE UGLY AND TONIGHT WILL BE GORGEOUS!!!!*

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yes I have had that problem before. Check your device logs by holding the ALT key (should say ALT or have an up and down arrow on it) and typing L G L G and clearing those logs. Also, open your browser and clear out the cache in Options (cache, memory, history, cookies, pushed content).

To make battery pulls easier, I use Quick Pull. Search for that on Google. I don't have the link available right now.

PIN/ID
    249DB9E2
    Thanks for that!!! i tried the L G L G thing... does file free being zero have anything to do it? sometimes itll be a 8 digit number and then next when i check itll be zero. thanks again erica

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    If you have 0, then there is no memory left. Do you have a ton of themes on there? You need to free up the phone.
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

You can reboot your phone by pressing alt, shift, del at the same time.

PIN/ID
    249DB9E2
    ok thanks for the help... i only have like 8 themes... but shouldnt my 2gb card help out any

Your card is for storing music and pics. It won't help for apps and themes.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Check your applications to see if they're auto-updating themselves. Apps like Facebook, MySpace, Viigo, etc., usually update themselves at regular intervals and can hog memory and drain your battery. Check the settings of any of your 3rd party apps and make sure that the interval is either high, or set to manual. Also, make sure when you are finished with an application you use it's 'close' or 'exit' function, rather then just hitting the 'end' key on the device. Lastly, have you considered updating the OS on it? Sometimes even just a fresh install of the same OS can clear up problems like this.

I posted a guide here that you may find helpful on keeping your device clean and running at optimal performance.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeburd22 View Post
    ok thanks for the help... i only have like 8 themes... but shouldnt my 2gb card help out any
    8 themes is a lot... try to narrow it down to two or three, because they aren't stored on the card at all. Try deleting some themes.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)