Hey! My bold recognizes my media card ( I was able to format it via ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Beegeeboss no está en línea Stack level 1

phantom media card

Advertisement

Hey!

My bold recognizes my media card ( I was able to format it via the phone). However, I can't see it through my PC. Neither Windows Explorer or DM/Media Manager show it in the device??

help please!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Beegee,

Go to Options>Media Card. Make sure your settings are as follows:

Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Cheers,
    Roger

Thanks Roger. I confirmed those settings, restarted my PC and BB. Still no dice. Today I reinstalled DM, and I still can't see it.

I get the prompt ot activate mass storage when I connect, and I say yes, enter password, etc.

If it was a problem with the card, the phone wouldn't recognize it, right?

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Password?
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Yes, what is this password you speak of?

This thread might address your issue.

I'll check out that thread.

when I connect my device, it prompts me to enable mass storage. I say yes.

Then it says "Mass Storage Mode is being activated. Enter your device password to grant access:"

I enter, and then Windows launches the "What action do you want to take" window.

is that not normal??

So you have a password set for your device? I don't, so I've never seen the password prompt.

What exactly is Window prompting you to do at this point?

same as when you put in a CD - do you want to play in Windows media player, do you want to burn items to this CD, etc...

I just click take no action.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Did you try and open folder to view files, when the prompt comes up? Thats how I always get in to my BB. Unless I am wanting to use the DM.

Have you tried, different usb ports? Different Cable? Different computer?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Gotcha. So when that Window comes up, there's nothing in there that says BlackBerry linked to a drive?

Do you have any other drives mapped on your network?

so here's an update...I'm now able to see the memory card on my home PC, but still not on my work PC. At home, I installed MediaSync only (not DM). I can see the drive through Windows Explorer too. It appears as another drive, not as a subdrive to my Blackberry.

At work, I still can't see the memory card, either through Explorer or through MediaSync.

And yes RoGro, there are other drives mapped on my network. The USB port and cable work just fine for connecting the device, not sure why it would isolate the memory card from the rest of the device. Seems like a software problem to me.

any ideas?

mbyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    So...the problem isn't the BB, it is the windows settings.

You need to find the setting on your windows machine that assigns drive letters. I think (nowhere near a pc right now) that it is either on "my computer" properties or the settings tab from an explorer window. When you find a list of drive letters with red "x" next to them, you are there. Set the properties for a number of other drive letters to be available and the pc will assign a drive to the media card and it will be visible. DM doesn't worry abt windows settings, hence the kludge that is not ideal.

Sorry for not having the exact answer (from the pool with the kids rt now), but this should get you there.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    There is always the other obvious option-take out the microsd and put it in the reader on the computer or sandisk sells one that plugs into any USB port.
    I think its less than 10$.

Hope this helps ....

Thbassman
    Last edited by thbassman; 06-27-2009 at 08:21 PM.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Ok this is very strange! For the past week I have been opening the bb dm and doing my bb backups,,however I didn't notice till today when I did my wifes 8310 and my 9000 that,,,windows will notice hers in my computer screen and also the windows popup will ask to view,ect. However it doesn't do anything when I plug in my 9000!!! So therefor I can't view my media/card or any files! It willnot show up on any screen as being conected to my home pc except it does give me the sound affects of being conected vie usb! And it does conect on the bb dm and also full functions! However it still will not show up in any windows@panels! I want to view my media/card,,pics,music? Thx

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Try swaping the memory card with your wife, and see if you have any issues on either one.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>