Has anyone else had this problem where the person you've dialled can't hear you but ... BlackBerry Bold forum

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

Person on other end can't hear me !

Advertisement

Has anyone else had this problem where the person you've dialled can't hear you but you can hear them ?

Re-dialling doesn't help and if I dial another number I have the same problem. Only way to solve it (until it happens again) is to pull the battery out, leave it for a few seconds and put it back again. A real pain.

I really don't want to have to replace my handset as I'll lose all my autotext settings etc.

Any ideas ?

It's a Bold and am on v4. 6.0 162 (Platform 4.0.0.155)

TIA
    SM

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    My bold did the exact same thing one night. I tried different OS's battery pulls and nothing seemed to help.
    I called up ATT and they told me that they would replace my bold no questions asked.

That next day I woke up and tried to nake a call and it worked never had that issue again. I called up att to tell them not to send me the replacement and to find out that I guess there was a cell tower down where I lived and that was caysing this, since they got it up I never experianced this again.

My advice to you is to call ATT, tell them what's going on and see if there are any towers that are having issues. If not ask for a replacement.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    you can back up the auto text file along with the contacts and other info stored on the berry . you should be backing the device up once a week to ensure your info is around in case of loss theft catastrophic failure or accidents ...

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the comments - will check with Orange but it happens all over town so if it were a cell tower down it would have to be several.

I do back - up regularly, however, didn't realise that autotext also backed up. Assumed it was like my old Nokia 6110 which had intuitive texting and if you added to the dictionary, it stayed on the handset and couldn't be backed up to the Nokia Datasuite.

Are ALL settings backed up when the BB is synced - i.e. ring profiles, wallpaper etc. ?

Thanks
    SM

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    U seriously need to upgrade ur os. Stock os is now .217 and there are better versions available unofficial. You can find a plethera of posts on OS upgrades. After u do that, if u continue having problems, u will need to trouble shoot some more. But I think upgrading ur OS will help a lot! :d let us know how it turns out.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~