Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here's part of the review; "The BlackBerry Bold delivers high-speed browsing and powerful messaging capabilities, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6

Pc Mag rates the Bold

Advertisement

Here's part of the review; "The BlackBerry Bold delivers high-speed browsing and powerful messaging capabilities, and it represents a major step up in form and function over existing BlackBerry models. But faults such as mediocre call quality and an unimpressive camera impede its potential to compete with the iPhone and the Android-based T-Mobile G1. In addition, its high price (compared to $199 and $180, respectively) will make competing for consumers' attention even harder for the Bold."

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hmmm, that's odd. Usually I hear the Bold has phenominal call quality.

And I was unaware iPhone had a killer camera on it? News to me.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    I kindda have to agree on the camera quality. Compared to the Curve, it is not as good of a quality in terms of the screen resolution. The call quality however is pretty good. I have had no issues at all with the quality.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    my calls are always clear.... strange

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Review paid for by Steve Jobs, LoL

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Call quality is great, and the camera is good too i mean its the same **** as on iphone...
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yep agreed the call quality is as good as any other BB ive ever used and the camera well GET A REAL 10mp THEN lol !

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just sold my iPhone 3G and I'm using my 8310 until I can get a Bold next week. I can tell all of you this .. the call quality on the iPhone isn't all that. And as for the camera .. it's crystal clear WHEN the lighting is absolutely perfect but when it's not then most pictures come out quite grainy. My 8310 takes better pictures in various light condition.

I'm also looking forward to having newsreaders that don't crash at least 3 times a day and email that doesn't crash as well.

The iPhone is for people who don't know what a smartphone is .. flash and dash .. that's it.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by kenvan60 View Post
    Here's part of the review; "The BlackBerry Bold delivers high-speed browsing and powerful messaging capabilities, and it represents a major step up in form and function over existing BlackBerry models.
    It would be nice if you would post a link to this review. I have used Google and cannot find it.
    That issue aside, my take and reminder to those who are reading this thread is, at the end of the day this is just one persons viewpoint. The "issues" could be the result of a host of unique variables which may or may not be experienced by those of us that buy one. Phone reception is one example which can be more negatively impacted by the carrier and coverage than by the phone itself. Any phone. Since I could not find the article I cannot comment on the other aspects and topics covered.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    When I first got my Curve, I thought the call quality was terrible compared to my Nokia N73.

But the advantages of the BlackBerry out weighed the short comings. So I stuck with it.

Now that I have a Bold, the call quality is considerable better than the Curve. Still not as good as my Nokia, but it is 99% there.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I find the call sound quality not only the best of any phone I have used, it is also with enough available volume that I do not need to turn it all the way up.

Not to mention the external speaker is greatly improved.
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 10-31-2008 at 02:23 PM.

I have great call quality from my Curve, so I can only imagine how fantastic it is on the Bold as I know for a fact the type of technology RIM included in the Bold as well as the upgraded component quality. Neither of my new E or N series Nokias can compare.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I look forward to you getting your Bold and hearing what you think! I have already voted so nothing will stop me from getting a couple from my local store.

Greg in Jacksonville Florida
    excuse me but:

GO DAWGS! Beat the gaters!

The game that will be played in Jacksonville, this weekend, it is as big as it gets!
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 10-31-2008 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I look forward to you getting your Bold and hearing what you think!
    I'm very excited now, the Bold is impressive !

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I'm very excited now, the Bold is impressive !
    finally some positive thoughts !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast