Hello Stackers, I really love Pandora and for the most part it has been bullet ... BlackBerry Bold forum

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Pandora plays one song then stops

Advertisement

Hello Stackers,
    I really love Pandora and for the most part it has been bullet proof.
    A couple OS upgrades ago (on .862 now) Pandora began playing one song then stops. It doesn't move to the next song.
    Tried Slacker however really prefer Pandora (better quality, for some reason I get break ups on Slacker).
    I have searched and googled to no avail here. Seems some folks have the same problem and blame it on OS 5.0.
    I think I have had 5.0 for a long time and it worked fine. I was curious if it had anything to do with the 9700 and the 3G (Don't get me started on T-Mo's 3G implementation as I have dropped more calls now than I have in years)
    I am pretty sure the problem is related to TMobile and 3G as over wifi Pandora works like a charm.
    Checked my permissions and made sure they are all on "Allow".
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by zipped; 08-03-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I have the same issue. I have noticed that it always happens to me when I am not plugged in and the screen times out. I press on the trackpad to get the screen back up to check the software and it starts playing the next song (most of the time). I have started getting a lot more errors with the new version of Pandora (it ran fine before the last upgrade) than I did in the past. Haven't figured out yet why it does it but have lived with it.

Zo

Blueyes35 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I thought that was only happening to me. I prefer Pandora & I recently got the 9700 from Tmobile. So, maybe it is OS 5.0.
    Blueyes35

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I don't think it is a 5.0 issue. I ran the older version of Pandora on 5.0 with no issues, but have problems with the newer version. My problem only happens when I don't have it plugged in to charge and let the screen time out.

Zo

I agree as I do not think its a 5.0 issue as I am pretty sure I had my 8900 on 5.0 and Pandora worked flawless.
    I believe it is an issue with the 9700, T-Mo, or 3G.
    I wrote Pandora earlier today and received a somewhat canned however speedy response.
    I advised I was already running the most updated version however went through the process with many hard resets just to be sure.
    Same not playing....
    Here is the reply from Pandora, perhaps it will help others. Will advise what else Pandora suggests.

For some listeners a reboot can do the trick. You can do this by pulling out the battery.

If that doesn't work, then uninstall and then reinstall the Pandora app using your mobile web browser (NOT through App World) to make sure you are running the latest version.

To uninstall:

1. Open "Options" (wrench icon) ->(Advanced Options on some devices)-> Applications
    2. Select Pandora in the list
    3. Press the menu button
    4. Select "Delete"

To reinstall:

Go to www.pandora.com on your phone's native web browser (this should throw up a BlackBerry splashscreen when the browser is launched). Do not use a third-party browser such as Opera or Bolt.

You may have to change your "emulation" in your browser to "BlackBerry":

Go to your browser then click the Blackberry menu button -> Options -> Browser Configuration -> Browser Identification (Emulation Mode)-> select Blackberry-> Save.

* Please let me know if you are on a Corporate Blackberry service, also known as BES. You can check this by going to:

Manage Connections -> Services Status

Either beside or underneath "BlackBerry Enterprise Server" it will say whether or not you are connected to a BES server.

I believe you checked this, but lets make sure the permissions are correct. To correct them:

1. Open "Options" (wrench icon) -> Applications (depending on your OS you may have to go to 'Advanced Options' first)
    2. Select Pandora in the list
    3. Press the menu button
    4. Select "Edit Permissions"
    5. Set the permissions for Connections to “Allow”
    6. Interactions to “Allow”
    7. User data to "Allow"
    8. Press the menu button and select "Save", then try the Pandora app again
    9. If it is still not working, go back to "Edit Permissions" and set Interactions to "Custom", then try again.

This could also be caused by the Blackberry OS firewall. To disable it: Options -> Security Settings -> Firewall. Set this to "disabled" and save the changes.

Let me know how this goes.

Best Regards,

Josh
    Pandora Listener Support

More questions about Pandora? Please check our FAQ: http://blog.pandora.com/faq/

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I've done three upgrades with Pandora installed and no issues. Maybe try uninstalling then reinstalling Pandora on your device.

LOL! ^^^ Posted that while Josh was posting his. Thanks, Josh!

Hey there Roger,
    I posted the reply from "Josh" at Pandora.
    Looks like you have Pandora working well on the 9700.
    Are you on T-Mo?

I have removed and re-loaded Pandora several times, all with the most current version 1.1.35 downloaded direct from Pandora.
    I just keep the battery cover off and pull it many times to "reset" the device. Not sure I am a believer in the multiple hard reset necessity.
    I have had Blackberries since the first pager style, pretty adept at the ins/outs of them so am curious as to why a few of us have this issue.

Josh mentioned the firewall however mine has always been enabled by our IT dept and no changes have been made over the past year.
    Pandora worked perfect previously and I have always been a big advocate of it to my friends for both BB's and iPhones.

As I mentioned the problem is nonexistent over wifi so this one is a true mystery to me. I like new music however I have been banished to my media player to keep my sanity while running...

zipped, sorry, I didn't read close enough to see that you were posting a reply from Pandora.

I am on AT&T, so maybe it's a TMO issue of some sort?

Could well be, I am hoping not but I think it really is linked to the new 3G usage.
    I am so bummed at this point as this and BIM Active are my favorite apps.

Here is the next set of instructions I received - at minimum Pandora customer service is doing a good job!
    Will test this out shortly:

Here is what we are suggesting to fix your issue:

1) If you've never succeeded in launching Pandora, proceed to step 2).

If you've ever succeeded in launching Pandora previously, then first clear the APN as follows:
    a) Launch Pandora, and then bring up the Diagnostics screen by holding down the "ALT" key and pressing the "SPACE" bar 4 times. Select "Reset Pandora" .
    b) Quit Pandora (hit the BlackBerry 'menu' key and choose "Shut down Pandora").

If still no luck, then proceed.

For T-Mobile

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP and enter an APN:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: (Leave this field Blank)
    Password: (Leave this field Blank)

3) Save info
    4) Restart Pandora

If that does not work, please try the following:

a) Launch Pandora, and then bring up the Diagnostics screen by holding down the "ALT" key and pressing the "SPACE" bar 4 times. Select "Reset Pandora".

APN: epc.tmobile.com

3) Save info
    4) Restart Pandora

If that does not work, please try the following:

a) Launch Pandora, and then bring up the Diagnostics screen by holding down the "ALT" key and pressing the "SPACE" bar 4 times. Select "Reset Pandora".

APN: internet2.voicestream.com

3) Save info
    4) Restart Pandora

Can you verify that you are using an unlimited data plan? Please include this in your response back to us if the following steps do not resolve your issue.

Otherwise, make sure you have one of the 'unlimited' data plan options, which as we understand it, is necessary for access to Pandora.
    http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/C...ell-phone-plan

If that doesn't help, it may be due to BES (you may have tried some of this - but these are our best suggestions) -

Since your Blackberry is connected to a corporate email system with "Blackberry Enterprise Server," the company's IT department has implemented a security policy that blocks our application.

You need to disable it to run the application. The option to do so is under: Options -> Security Settings -> Firewall.
    "Options" usually has either a wrench or gears as the icon.

When you get to the Firewall page, there may be a tiny red lock symbol next to the word "Enabled".

If not, change that to "Disabled" and save the change.

If you do see the lock, you won't be able to turn the firewall off. You may still be able to disable the specific rule that blocks us, however. Each rule has a separate line and a check box next to it . Uncheck the box next to Blackberry Internet Service and save the change. Then try Pandora again.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your assistance.

mitchsurp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F0115
    I thought I was the only one with this problem.

/T-Mobile