Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After months of waiting, Pandora has finally hit a home run with its Blackberry streaming ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Thumbs up Pandora is a must!

Advertisement

After months of waiting, Pandora has finally hit a home run with its Blackberry streaming music app. I'd been using my wife's iPhone Pandora app periodically and loved it...growing increasingly impatient that Pandora hadn't deigned to bestow a similar app on the BB world. But it's here now and a HIT as far as I'm concerned. It's an easy install (although make sure your firewall is turned off or it won't operate). The streaming, at least on my Bold, is flawless. No slips, lags, gaps or bumps. Just a steady stream of 128 kbps music in the genres I most enjoy.
    Pandora has a free mode (w/ads) on the Web, but I've paid my $36 annual and enjoy ad free streaming. I think this also applies to my Bold since I haven't yet seen an ad.
    If you don't have it yet, get it. It outshines every other streaming app attempt I've tried to date, including FlyCast (although that's a close #2). I like Flycast since I can get talk radio streamed, but it unfortunately stops and starts. They need to find a better algorhytm for streaming, it seems. Enjoy Pandora!!
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

jfpannone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    check out the original thread here..
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...52#post1090852

IT is a must! based on mere # of replies at above link - I think it is doing very well

jrmtl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah well not for us folks in Canada land

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    This thing's been performing flawlessly on my 8310. I appreciate a prog that's polished and ready for release when made available!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I would definitely agree. Pandora is awesome.

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    Pandora is the best internet radio right now for blackberry. I had slacker and Iheart also but to me they don't compair to pandora. I love the selection they give you and how often a peticular song plays that you have given thumbs up to. I recommend slacker to all that have a BB. The only con for this app is that they haven't released a version for the storm.

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    Correction. I meant to recommend pandora not slacker. My crackberry thumbs got ahead of me. Lol.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Cannot get Pandora to shut down

As much as I love Pandora and listen to it on the 9000, I seem not to be able to turn it completely off by either doing "Shut Down Pandora" or "Close" command. This of course is resulting in faster battery drain than I wanted! Any suggestions from the experts?

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Not for sure of what's going on with your issue tessitori, Pandora works flawlessly on my 9000 as well as my 8330 and everytime I'm done I choose shut down Pandora and it works just fine... shuts completely down. I'd try uninstalling and then reinstalling, maybe after reinstalling to a battery pull. Just an idea...

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    Can you get any station on Pandora, or is is limited to different genres of music?

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    Not for sure of what's going on with your issue tessitori, Pandora works flawlessly on my 9000 as well as my 8330 and everytime I'm done I choose shut down Pandora and it works just fine... shuts completely down. I'd try uninstalling and then reinstalling, maybe after reinstalling to a battery pull. Just an idea...
    I have no idea about my 9000 issue either! When I saw that the phone had drainer 2 bars through the night and nothing was going on, I looked at which apps were running and I saw Pandora, google maps and twitterberry all of which, even after I do a battery pull, appear as being running when I do under apps!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Are you selecting close, exit, or shut down from the menu, they will stay running if you don't...even if you just battery pull, some programs will come back on unless you do a proper close from the app

and @mbwilson, genres, not real radio stations. Try nobex rc, iheart radio, or moodio fm for real radio stations.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    Thanks azstar I'll give those a shot.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I love pandora. It's such a great app to have while working out or simply when walking. I use it when I run on the track every other day and I must say I love this thing! Since there's no arm strap for my curve I just place my bb in my hoodie's hood and voila hands free lol. But summer's almost here I guess it's going back to my hand after a few weeks. Perhaps seidio should consider in making those arm straps for running purposes and what not ...just a thought I want a commission
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

bsuyono no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can pandora work at outside US ? I live in Indonesia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast