I am getting my emails slow! Sometimes it takes 5 minutes and sometimes it takes ... BlackBerry Bold forum

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way

Overall I think either AT&T or Blackberry is degrading

Advertisement

I am getting my emails slow! Sometimes it takes 5 minutes and sometimes it takes hours. I am paying a 3rd party service to forward my AOL emails every single minute to my Blackberry address!

I used to always be on 3G and now I am on EDGE about 50% of the time with full bars! I see this on two different Bolds.

What is going on to what used to be outstanding Blackberry services?
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

banx no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am noticing the same thing. Normally when I am inside a building but still, it wasn't doing this before. Just started in the past couple weeks. Anyone have any suggestions. I haven't upgraded to any other firmware or anything like that. Any advice would be helpful.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I've noticed the same thing. It started right after we had the outage a few weeks ago. I get half the emails on my BB that are actually in my hotmail acct. I had 54 emails a few days ago in hotmail and I maybe got 20 of them on the bb. Not sure whats actually happening but I know some others have been asking about their yahoo or gmail accts .

I get 3g at work with full service but at home I'm sitting on EDGE with 3 bars half the time. I live less than 5 miles from work.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

drspiff no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile

first of all there is no need to have any 3rd party forwarding your aol mail to your device...why not just put it on there directly?? That could very well be the problem. AS for the other posts...depending on the building you are in it may effect how the signal gets to your phone. also is you can log in your Blackberry Internet Service website and resend the service books. this helps 90% of the time when you have any issues with email. lastly if you dont have a micro sd card in your phone GET ONE!! it is a life saver. You dont want things on your phone memory unless it has to be there. clean up your inboxes frequently. delete all unecessary emails and text messages. transfer all your pics and videos to your new memory card and continue living with the best device every created!!
    I do what I can...

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Actually sounds like nothing more the a provider issue. If they were down a few weeks back then it could still be a little buggy. You can try resending the service books but I highly doubt that will do any good and my guess is you already did that.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I have resent my service books. I deleted my email accounts and set them back up. I even had my network reset by att.
    I have an micro sd card but I don't save very many messages and rarely keep any on my phone. Last week I got flooded with emails from over a year ago. I really don't think its my phone.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by drspiff View Post
    first of all there is no need to have any 3rd party forwarding your aol mail to your device...why not just put it on there directly?? That could very well be the problem. AS for the other posts...depending on the building you are in it may effect how the signal gets to your phone. also is you can log in your Blackberry Internet Service website and resend the service books. this helps 90% of the time when you have any issues with email. lastly if you dont have a micro sd card in your phone GET ONE!! it is a life saver. You dont want things on your phone memory unless it has to be there. clean up your inboxes frequently. delete all unecessary emails and text messages. transfer all your pics and videos to your new memory card and continue living with the best device every created!!
    First of all, I do not feel like waiting for as long as 15 minutes to get my email so YES, there IS a reason to have it forwarded and have used the same company for over 6 years to do so. I also do not need a lesson in radio propagation. I am well versed in this. I suspect I was using a blackberry before you even had a cell phone. This 3rd party service that forwards my emails has been up 99.899 percent of the time. I have never had it fail in 6-7 years I have used them. You might be willing to wait for 15 minutes to get you mail via BIS but I choose not too.

You do not need to convince me about how good the Bold is. What I am saying is in Jacksonville I am getting EDGE where I ALWAYS got 3G coverage before. My Bold never failed to have 3G when it had even 1/2 bars and now does not with full bars. It is not a Bold problem, I suspect it is a AT&T problem. Not getting any emails for several hours and then, all of a sudden, get 20 emails at one time tells me there is a problem. I have two Bold one from AT&T and the other from Rogers, they both are now having the same problem.

Thanks for you nice lesson and tips on how to use my Blackberry!
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 05-02-2009 at 07:59 PM.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Just for the facts on BIS I don't know anything faster or reliable than BIS and I'm over in idaho and never had a problem receiving any of my emails and I have 7 email accounts with my bis soooo on that fact for email forwarding it all depends on the server which I have a email account from a local isp connected to my bis and it takes jst a bit longer than gmail but never 15 min may just be where u r at not the actual bis service per blackberry is known for the fastest email service
    And PS its not nice to insult other people when there trying to help out

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    First of all, I do not feel like waiting for as long as 15 minutes to get my email so YES, there IS a reason to have it forwarded and have used the same company for over 6 years to do so. I also do not need a lesson in radio propagation. I am well versed in this. I suspect I was using a blackberry before you even had a cell phone. This 3rd party service that forwards my emails has been up 99.899 percent of the time. I have never had it fail in 6-7 years I have used them. You might be willing to wait for 15 minutes to get you mail via BIS but I choose not too.

You do not need to convince me about how good the Bold is. What I am saying is in Jacksonville I am getting EDGE where I ALWAYS got 3G coverage before. My Bold never failed to have 3G when it had even 1/2 bars and now does not with full bars. It is not a Bold problem, I suspect it is a AT&T problem. Not getting any emails for several hours and then, all of a sudden, get 20 emails at one time tells me there is a problem. I have two Bold one from AT&T and the other from Rogers, they both are now having the same problem.

Thanks for you nice lesson and tips on how to use my Blackberry!

OK guys lets not get upset. . .I suspect the issue is with ATT, as I have been hearing more and more. . . They seem to be using this calling card for the ast few years. I know the Arkansas 3G launch was a disaster. Took out half the subscriber base for like 2 days due to the fact they had oversold and under equipped the network to handle such traffic. I am not 3G on my pearl but that was a year ago when this happened and from what I hear from thiose around here carrying a BOLD- it is still iffy @ best.

Hope this helps . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I've had none of these issues with att, my service has been rock solid. Sorry to here about you guys that are having these problems. My gmail is through bis so I don't have any lag with it. I handle about 30-35 emails a day. Wierd that jacksonville is having issues with as large a city as it is. I feel ya greg for the the reponse as you're frustrated with the situation AND the reponse,lol

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    With BIS and more than 300 emails per day on 4 accts, The BIS emails show up on my phone faster than ANY of the emails on my PC.
    Doesn't matter if it's online or with Outlook 2007.
    It gets to my phone 1st, and almost instantly.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Like SVT, I'm on BIS and have no delay in receiving emails. It appears to be a location based issue.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Hey guys! I'm in with all of u! I have ATT and here lately, service just downright SUCKS! I lose EDGE and get dumped down to Gprs too. We have just got service back after 3 days completely out. I thot I was gonna surely die. Everything runs slower and its really aggravating. I have called ATT and the best I get is a cop out answer that there have been power outages due to all the weather we have had in Oklahoma, but this degradation has been going on for a while. ATT better get their act together or ill be calling up chad and saying, "sign me up!"