Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have OS 4.6.0.162 on rogers. Should I have the option for an OTA OS ... BlackBerry Bold forum

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481

OTA OS updates

Advertisement

I have OS 4.6.0.162 on rogers. Should I have the option for an OTA OS update or is that only for the storm?

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    I really don't know about the Rogers Bolds but my AT&T Bold does have that option.

PIN/ID
    2840D481
    Where do you go to do it exactly. Maybe I am missing it. What OS r u using.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    I am using .210. If you go to options/advanced options, it should be at the bottom. I have tried to use it but the most current OS for AT&T is .167 which is what came on my Bold, and my understanding is that it will only upgrade to the most current OS that is available for your carrier.

jennaferarri no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240EDF14
    If I am using a bold on tmo, would I go off of the os update for att (.167)?

PIN/ID
    2840D481
    It is not on my options, must not be something Rogers is gonna do, go figure!

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Are you sure you're looking in the right place? With my Rogers Bold if I go to Advanced Options there is an option at the bottom of the list called "Wireless Upgrade" that does seem to work. The thing is that this upgrade option checks for the most recent OS release from your carrier only, the scan will not pickup releases (beta or official) from other carriers.

I'm running .210 at the moment but I can't confirm the option was available in .162. I guess its possible that the option IS only present for other carriers.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    I know the option is on the AT&T phones, I have never used it because it takes so long for them to post upgraded OS's. I usually just install the most stable beta available or go with another carriers released version. So far I have found that .210 (beta) is the best available. Of course it is only my opinion.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by novalovr66 View Post
    I know the option is on the AT&T phones, I have never used it because it takes so long for them to post upgraded OS's. I usually just install the most stable beta available or go with another carriers released version. So far I have found that .210 (beta) is the best available. Of course it is only my opinion.
    I share that same opinion (about .210) and I'm not sure I'll ever use the OTA update feature, but its at least nice to have the option I guess.

PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    I honestly don't even know anyone that has actually even used this feature. You?

i have a Rogers bold it does have the OTA upgrade option bu i've noticed that some do some dont why that is im not sure i've seen it where some have the same OS and one has it the other doesnt so it is odd

PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    Strange indeed!

Davidcm2112 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305671C6
    I am using an unlocked AT&T 8820 on Tmobile. I am unable to use the wireless update feature. I think it may be carrier specific and as I am using Tmobile the option is not avaliable. When I click on the option to check for updates it tells me that it is unable to "send the request for available upgrades".

Does that sound about right?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    IMO, with carriers/RIM taking their time releasing OS updates and the weekly influx of OS updates available on the web the wireless OS update option is useless.
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 01-03-2009 at 12:45 PM.

PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidcm2112 View Post
    I am using an unlocked AT&T 8820 on Tmobile. I am unable to use the wireless update feature. I think it may be carrier specific and as I am using Tmobile the option is not avaliable. When I click on the option to check for updates it tells me that it is unable to "send the request for available upgrades".

Does that sound about right?
    Yes, it sounds right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast