Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by ranxoren Oh wow... Used it all day on .190 and heres my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Oh wow... Used it all day on .190 and heres my battery at 7pm : 65%.
    ill give you my heart for your battery lol
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    My battery life with .185 rocks! I use bbm all day, am on Jivetalk all day, txt msg all day, browse the internet here and there, AND talk on the phone here and there and I'm still left with a bar or two of battery by the end of the day. Whoo hooo!

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep! My experience exactly! I have no complaints about battery life now. It isn't as long as my 8820, but it is 3G and you have to allow for that.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by drjamie03 View Post
    Yep! My experience exactly! I have no complaints about battery life now. It isn't as long as my 8820, but it is 3G and you have to allow for that.
    Amen. I totally agree. I forgot to mention that I also keep WiFi on all day long and mine is always searching for WiFi network all day long. When I was first on .167, my battery would be almost dead by around 1 to 2pm. I had to charge it overnight, around 1-2pm and then, at night when I got home. Now, I just charge it once overnight and it lasts me all day long. So can't complain!

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    I've had the opposite experience. 162 was way better than 185 for me. I'm going back to 162 as we speak!
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    There seems to be a misconception floating around about WiFi & battery life. What many seem to think is that WiFi "seeking a signal or network" is what draws down on battery life. That is simply not the case. WiFi is nothing more than a radio that requires power to operate. Therefore it's having Wifi turned on that requires power, not the fact that it's seeking a signal. There is one other myth as well. So many are complaining that the AT&T Bold does not allow one to manually switch between 2G & 3G, and yet what they do not realize is that upon testing the Rogers Bold it was found to be a software switch that was not needed. However people immediately assumed that it was "left off" of the AT&T Bold thereby making it inferior. Therefore those two points have no merit & should not be of concern.
    sent via BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    There seems to be a misconception floating around about WiFi & battery life. What many seem to think is that WiFi "seeking a signal or network" is what draws down on battery life. That is simply not the case. WiFi is nothing more than a radio that requires power to operate. Therefore it's having Wifi turned on that requires power, not the fact that it's seeking a signal. There is one other myth as well. So many are complaining that the AT&T Bold does not allow one to manually switch between 2G & 3G, and yet what they do not realize is that upon testing the Rogers Bold it was found to be a software switch that was not needed. However people immediately assumed that it was "left off" of the AT&T Bold thereby making it inferior. Therefore those two points have no merit & should not be of concern.
    sent via BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

I gotta tell you bro, a manual switch to change to EDGE/2g at your discretion is always needed if you ask me.
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Why? If the system is picking the best for you.. Wouldn't you interfering make it less efficient? Please explain why its "always needed"

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I guess if you just want to use the phone, why do you need 3G?

Just select 2G and leave it locked on.

Quote Originally Posted by untjoker View Post
    I gotta tell you bro, a manual switch to change to EDGE/2g at your discretion is always needed if you ask me.
    I certainly agree that for those of us that like to have control over the phone (as I do) it's nice to have the choice. However it's important to note that AT&T's network is designed to do that automatically for the user. Thus when a phone manufacturer works with AT&T and enables that feature in their phones, they switch back and forth seamlessly and there is no downside.

It's not any different than when the cellular industry was migrating from analog to digital phones. AT&T was a network leader and had phones that switched automatically. The same holds true today. My Bold runs on 3G constantly when I'm in the city. Then as I drive to my home that is at an elevation of 2000 feet in the foothills, my Bold switches to 2G, and one would never know the difference. Automatic, convenient, and no downside.

Cheers...

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    3G sounds better for calls.. What would the benefit be if you manually chose to 2G?

Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    3G sounds better for calls.. What would the benefit be if you manually chose to 2G?
    To reduce, or eliminate "hunting", and dropped calls.

Much like when driving a car with an automatic transmission and climbing a grade, depending on the angle of the grade the transmission may begin "hunting" for the right gear, thereby up shifting and down shifting frequently.

If one is traveling with their phone, in an area where 3G is weak and 2G is stronger the phone if not properly optimized, will keep switching between the two, which greatly impacts it's ability to hold the signal and not drop the call. This is typically a problem when roaming. However an expensive properly designed phone will switch to one and stay there until the other signal remains predominant.

Jemjee no está en línea Stack level 1

Jemjee no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quick question. If I upgrade my OS, will I loose all of my downloads (i.e. Pinstack launcher)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast