My bold came with OS 4.6.0.125, just so you guys know where I'm coming from. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C

OS suggestions

Advertisement

My bold came with OS 4.6.0.125, just so you guys know where I'm coming from.

I recently updated to version .190 but it seems that the phone is constantly switching between 3G and Edge very frequently. Overall I've been left with reduced battery life and dodgy reception, I was better off with .125 at this point.

I'm looking for as much input as possible on OS options, I'm willing to try anything before resorting to my old .125 because I've seen so many people raving about better battery life after OS updates.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I actually just saw that Rogers has version .162 released so I'm gonna give that a shot. I've never had an issue installing/updating my BB OS with releases from other carriers, but I'm gonna give this a shot just for the hell of it.

Might as well rule out the most up to date release from my carrier before I start looking at other options I guess.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Reception is the biggest factor in battery life. I have yet to see a OS give a Blackberry better reception though some claim it does. I guess I am lucky but have never seen my device leave 3G in Jacksonville FL.

I tried 4 different OS updates on my Roger Bold running on AT&T and noticed very little difference between all of them.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Best thing you can do for that battery drainer is get an extended capacity from Seidio. That thing needs one about the size of a brick

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I've got .162 installed for now, gonna give it a try for a few days and report back on my findings.

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Try .185. I had .167 and went to .190 and had problems. Downgrading to .185 made me very happy

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I will if I have to but so far .162 is working great. With .125 and .190 I was frequently bouncing back and forth between 3G and Edge even at home, which was killing my battery. With .162 so far I have yet to see less then 100% 3G signal strength. I'll keep an eye on things as I move about the city but so far .162 owns .190!