i have an unlocked bell bold 9700 and running os 5.0.0.423. is it possible for ... BlackBerry Bold forum

whaitdo no está en línea Stack level 2

OS question.

Advertisement

i have an unlocked bell bold 9700 and running os 5.0.0.423. is it possible for me to upgrade my os using any phone company os or no? i tried to use the turkcell 0s 5.0.0.656 and it wouldnt work.

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Be sure to delete the carrier info if you use an OS from a different carrier.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    yes is possible, once the os is intalled on your pc, search for the vendor.xml file is located usually at c/program files (program files x86 in some cases) common files/research in motion/ App Loader and then run the loader.exe file located in that same folder (small phone icon) do not unplug the device until is done doing its thing...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

whaitdo no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TNgal22 View Post
    Be sure to delete the carrier info if you use an OS from a different carrier.
    how do i delete the carrier info?

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    yes is possible, once the os is intalled on your pc, search for the vendor.xml file is located usually at c/program files (program files x86 in some cases) common files/research in motion/ App Loader and then run the loader.exe file located in that same folder (small phone icon) do not unplug the device until is done doing its thing...
    This is how you remove the carrier/vendor.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee