Have Inspiron 1700 Win 7, 64 bit computer. Recently got BB Bold. First ever BB. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

drifkind no está en línea Stack level 1

Question os 7 64 bit doesnt recognize drivers

Advertisement

Have Inspiron 1700 Win 7, 64 bit computer. Recently got BB Bold. First ever BB. Installed latest desktop manager. Plugged in BB and get error message saying device drivers not found. Browsed to folder where divers are installed and get Error Code 10. Problem has RIM stumped. Computer works fine and devices installs fine on XP computer. HELP.

I think the issue is that, according to the Help and Support utility in Windows 7, many devices that use 32 bit drivers will not operate on a 64 bit system unless the drivers are updated. Windows 7 at installation offers the option of 64 or 32 bit installation, if the processor is fast enough to handle 64. Reading in the help and support, you seem to have two options: 1. Re-install Win 7 on your computer in 32 bit mode, or 2. Find drivers that will work on your 64 bit system. To get more detail, on your computer click "Help and Support" on the Start Menu, type "64 bit" into the search box, and the description of what may be going on is pretty clear.

Just spent some quality time at blackberry dot com and am unable to find any information in regards to device drivers, duplicating your experience with them. :-) I'm curious, are you able to connect to the computer in mass storage mode? (i.e. does the computer recognize the microSD as a drive?)

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I'm running DM 5.0.1.18 with a bb 9700 on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit with no problems at all
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    I'm running DM 5.0.1.18 with a bb 9700 on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit with no problems at all
    Good input, my little Win 7 Netbook runs 32 bit. Waiting for the OP's response whether he can connect mass-storage to his computer - it might not be the drivers at all (?)

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've never had a problem with Mass Storage and my device.

I've tested all versions of 64-bit Windows (XP, Vista, Win7, Server2003, and Server2008) with this issue. Didn't find one with a problem.

Only thing I can think of is uninstalling your Desktop Manager and reinstalled the newest version of DM.

Keep us posted on what you find out.
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com