Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I had OS 6 bundle 1879 installed on my 9700 and it was working fine ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bigozu no está en línea Stack level 1

OS 6 causes white screen

Advertisement

I had OS 6 bundle 1879 installed on my 9700 and it was working fine until last week when I started getting an all white screen. My phone was useless until I downgraded back to OS 5 and it seems to be working ok. Ever since then I have tried installing the latest version of OS 6 and every time I get the white screen. Any ideas?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What version of the 6.0 OS was it? Is it the latest?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Is it the official version or a leak? I've ran just about everyone on my 9700 never had a while screen, sorry you are having problems I just loaded the Official 6.0.0.615 from Bell and it's running fine

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I'm running the official 6.0.0.448 version and I don't have any problems. Great battery life and very minimal leaked memory (I barely use QuickPull).
    Try running one of the aforementioned versions.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Very good smooth I ran that version and was satisfied as well it's the official for T-Mobile

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Very good smooth I ran that version and was satisfied as well it's the official for T-Mobile
    I truthfully didn't know there was a newer version until I saw your post. I thought they gave up on my 9700 and ran full steam with the 9780. I'll have to upgrade to the version you're running

I was running 6.0.0.448 version and it was running fine until I tried to unlock my screen one day and all I got was a white screen. I've tried wiping it and installing 6.0.0.576 and still got the white screen. I will still get a white screen with OS 5 occasionally when I try to unlock it but I just hit a couple of times and it recovers. I beginning to think it is more of a hardware problem.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    When you wipe your phone and install the new OS are you reloading your personal data back also? Contacts, Calendar, apps, games, etc? If you are it could be your personal data causing the issue. Reload the OS and dont restore your data and see what happens. If you want reload the OS like your bb was nuked, With that battery out connect it to the computer and run desktop manager. Once the OS reload has started slap the battery back in without unplugging it. Always make a backup of your personal data of course!
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

The white screen starts the moment OS 6 begins to install. I never get to the point of restoring my old data because by the time the install has finished and says it is complete the phone is white. I've unplugged and did a battery pull and it stills comes back all white.

I just tried installing OS 6.0.615 and the moment the phone reboots for the 1st time during the install it is white. The install states it is loading applications at that point. I wiped it again and loaded OS 5 back on and from the moment it rebooted for the 1st time I could tell it was going to work again.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Have you tried going to blackberry.com and through software updates checked to see if your phone lists anything. That's the original link that I found for .615 but I had .600 on so it did not recognize. Just curious if you could get a wireless update through them

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

I ended up getting the same problem even with OS 5 so I took it to the store today and they let me swap it out for a Bold 9780!

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well hopefully the 9780 will play nice and you will be a happy camper once again

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow! They let you do an even swap for the 9780. I need that. Anyone else have any success swapping for a 9780 without signing a new contract? My 9700 with OS6 makes me want to go to Android (Did I say that?). Blackberry has got to get on the ball with some new phones. I am fully frustrated with a lack of power and memory.
    Last edited by miltw3; 08-01-2011 at 12:38 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, supposedly they are releasing 7 new devices before the year's end, so stay tuned!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast