I've read that the new OS will have a browser similar to that used on ... BlackBerry Bold forum

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2

OS 6.0 Browser

Advertisement

I've read that the new OS will have a browser similar to that used on the i-Phone. I'm currently unable to edit / alter my Google Adwords campaigns on my Blackberry because the current browser has limited capability. I'm hoping the new OS will fix this. Can anyone advise ?

It's a bit too early, since six point oh for the 9700 is not released yet and none of us have any practical experience with it.

kevwarn no está en línea Stack level 1
    So when would it be available for UK users

Quote Originally Posted by kevwarn View Post
    So when would it be available for UK users
    That's a good question, and for the 9700 nobody knows right now. Looking into the past we can see some examples of how RIM markets so here's what I suspect: RIM will probably introduce 6.0 on new devices very shortly, like the new slider. For a period of time (six months? Maybe less) it will only be available on new phones, and not as an upgrade. This is so they can sell tons of the new models. :-) Afterwards, they will release 6.0 as an upgrade option to older phones, and from what we've seen in interviews and press releases it will be available for anything with 256mb of memory or more that uses the touchpad or a touch screen. So, frankly, I don't expect to see 6.0 for the 9700 for several months. It would be nice to be surprised with it earlier!

I've seen RIM do this twice in the past. First was with the venerable 7290, which shipped with a 3.9 OS. Out came the 71xx series with a newer OS, and promises to all of us 7290 owners that we would get it - and we finally did, months later. With the 8700, which shipped with 4.1.0.377, we went through it twice! With 4.2 (I remember that in those days we were more excited about 4.2 for the 8700 than we are about 6.0 now!) and then again with 4.5. 8700 owners had to wait, but eventually got both.

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hopefully us 9700 users will get it before its 1st birthday.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have a Bold 9000 on ATT in the US (about 18 mths old) and ATT has not released OS 5 for it yet

With regards to the browser have you tried Bolt or Opera Mini 5, I have both on my phone and use Bolt a lot, works really well.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have a Bold 9000 on ATT in the US (about 18 mths old) and ATT has not released OS 5 for it yet

With regards to the browser have you tried Bolt or Opera Mini 5, I have both on my phone and use Bolt a lot, works really well. Bolt latest release is 2.11

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post

With regards to the browser have you tried Bolt or Opera Mini 5, I have both on my phone and use Bolt a lot, works really well. Bolt latest release is 2.11
    Bolt reloads every time you make a tiny little adjustment & it has no column view like stock browser or even Opera Mini.

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks everyone......... installed "Bolt" and it does what I need perfectly.

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'm just gonna wait for a leak of 6.0

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by londonmandan View Post
    I'm just gonna wait for a leak of 6.0
    Yes, I'm sure there will be a few of those prior to the official launch of the OS for older devices. :-)

GetGameIn no está en línea Stack level 1
    I will keep my eyes on driphter.com, this guy has OS6 files and made some hybrid based on that.
    I think they will release OS6 within a months time, as we have seen 9650 running OS6.
    Or may be 9650 will first get a leak then 9700.
    For now sit back and wait for right time.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    hopefully we do get a leak soon
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)