I was just wondering how everyone sets up their profiles. For instance I use the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

Opinions on Profiles

Advertisement

I was just wondering how everyone sets up their profiles. For instance I use the same tones for all profiles (Loud, Normal and Quiet) but adjust the levels accordingly. I was just curious how everyone used this feature like do you change tones for each profile?

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I only use the Loud and Vibrate profiles. Obviously, in loud everything is set to loud.

The only thing that changes in my profiles is the ringtones set in the contacts manager. I don't like having to pull out my phone to know who is calling me, or better yet, ignore the phone just to find out it was my wife or kids trying to get me. Ignoring the wife could be deadly!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I use normal and vibrate. In normal, everything is set to medium, I believe. It's loud enough for me
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I only use the Loud and Vibrate profiles. Obviously, in loud everything is set to loud.

The only thing that changes in my profiles is the ringtones set in the contacts manager. I don't like having to pull out my phone to know who is calling me, or better yet, ignore the phone just to find out it was my wife or kids trying to get me. Ignoring the wife could be deadly!!
    Same way I do it with the addition of normal. Loud when outside or in a loud place. Normal for home and vib for work and other places where my phone going of is looked down on.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    I use several of them plus some that I set up custom. Mostly I use Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, Phone only(rarely), Work(custom), Night(custom). The first 3 are set up about the same except for the obvious differences that 2 are mostly quiet. Phone only is just the phone set to be really loud and obnoxious for when I really need to hear it. Work is set up as an "in the holster" profile and it vibrates different amount of times based on email, IM, text, phone, etc so I have a decent idea of if it's important without having to pull it out of the holster to look and it vibrates differently or not at all depending on which of the 5 email accounts it is. Night is everything set not to notify except only with the phone(only a few people with exceptions) and set to a tone that would actually wake me up(I'm a really sound sleeper) and txt is set to be really loud and obnoxious as well, but only because anybody that would actually txt me at those hours it really is important enough that I need to be awake for it. Other than those 2 things everything else is set to not make any notification at all(no light, no sound, no vibrate). Mostly just to save battery while it's on all night getting emails and such.

Tucker

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i use normal and quiet. i use all of the bb alerts for email/sms/bbm and the Crank ringtone for calls (people always think my phone is dying )