my bolds been acting up alot and shuts off by itself alot ... conntacted rogers ... BlackBerry Bold forum

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3

opinions needed on refubished BOLDS

Advertisement

my bolds been acting up alot and shuts off by itself alot ...

conntacted rogers and they advised me i can get a replacement Refurbished BOLD..

has anyone recieved a refurbished BOLD and are they a higher rish then mayb keeping my original?

please advise ur opinions are appricated

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Not sure how it goes with Rogers but I just purchased a refurb Bold thru AT&T and I must say the device looks and feels brand new. It came preloaded with the latest official OS and all the accessories. I would say go for it dude, just don't forget to add the insurance!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

insurance?

explain?

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    Insurance allows you to replace your bold if its lost, stolen, or accidently damaged. At&t charges 4.99 month and a deductable of 125 if it needs replacing. It also covers warranty problems after the factory warranty expires. Its worth it!

leastcmplicated no está en línea Stack level 2
    When I got my 8700 it kept going doing the same thing. When I called at&t they did some firmware updates and it never happened again

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Refurb is essentially the same as new. Brought to as new specs. Roger corp do notr offer the insurance that att do. (I do stand to be corrected) I'm with rogers forever now and have never heard of this. I would get the refurb. Good luck.

Jemstone24 no está en línea Stack level 1

Refurb Blackberry's

I work for U.S. Cellular data tech team, and we issue blackberry refurbs if needed, they are very strictly inspected, and rebuilt to be in like new condition. If the phone that is sent in to be refurbished has any physical damage RIM will charge the customer for the repairs because they replace it with all new parts. I have seen a scratched outer casing charged $110.00 for repairs.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    You should not be able tell the difference from a new unit and refurbished. I would take the chance, for sure, if my device was doing as yours!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

hey thanks everyone for ur opinions and advice, i neva heard of the insurance thing. i called rogers and the phone is coming between 5 - 10 business days. i hope this one is well built cuz i love my bold.. ever since i went to the 500 mb ive been on it like mad!

corean80 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20505e5c
    I got the refurb BOLD last month as a replacement from rogers and I am happy with it and u can always get the another replacement again if the refurb one is defactive

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    just got myrefurb and I have 30 days for any exchanges/refund with ATT. The first refurb I received last week had a battery case that did not work good at all so I was send a new one in exchange! Now I am happy!

from my personal experience the referbs honestly to me are new phones the only thing is RIM just fixes up phones that needed to be done thrown into testing once they pass they send them out if i gave you a referb phone and a new one you wouldnt be able to tell the difference unless you worked at the company who supplied it to you so yes dont worry about it and take it go BOLDing

cuba4yaa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20777BE0
    My Bold is a referb from ATT. No issues here. Same as new and less expensive.