I have found out that when installing OM 5 B2 through OTA, it actually installs ... BlackBerry Bold forum

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 9700 Fix

Advertisement

I have found out that when installing OM 5 B2 through OTA, it actually installs the version for the Storm which makes it unusable, there are two workarounds but I have only tried one (It came to my attention that only one method currently works so I edited this post accordinly). TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Altering your OS may make your BB unusable for a while.

1. Download the "Opera Mini 5 beta for OS 4.3.x is for OS 4.3 up to 4.7" PC Installation files to your computer. It is a zip file so you will have to unzip it before use. You're gonna need them later, download them from here: http://www.opera.com/mini/next/download/
    2. Download and install BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) here: http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=18
    The Mirror 3 download is a direct one and you will need NET 2.0 installed but it will tell you during installation and if not installed it will direct you to the download page. P.S. - I only got BBSAK working on Windows XP and not Windows 7.
    3. Use BBSAK to install the OM 5 B2 COD file through the Install COD button and then telling the program where you saved the earlier download in step one. You need BBSAK because the COD install through Desktop Manager results in a "File Not Compatible With Your Device"
    4. Enjoy your OM B2 just like I am because they fixed the delete bug and it seems faster on my T-Mobile 9700.
    Last edited by eduardog21; 12-04-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Second Method Does Not Work

boosted03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e2f95
    Thank you for posting the instructions. It worked beautifully! i was getting very frustrated trying to use the wrong version.

PIN/ID
    215C7A2A
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted03 View Post
    Thank you for posting the instructions. It worked beautifully! i was getting very frustrated trying to use the wrong version.
    Glad I could help. I hated when I OTA'd the install and it seemed like OM went backwards until I decided to research why it wasn't working correctly. Now everything is great and I'm loving the new Opera Mini 5 Beta 2.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.16831/1128; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    That one from getjar doesn't work you maybe need to edit the post.

And do me a favor if you still have it email me the COD and I'll do an OTA for it.

PIN/ID
    215C7A2A
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    That one from getjar doesn't work you maybe need to edit the post.

And do me a favor if you still have it email me the COD and I'll do an OTA for it.
    I sent you the two files that I downloaded from the Opera website to your contact email address on your webpage. Its subject is Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 COD Files For 9700 Fix from eduardog21.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Dude I deleted it by mistake can you resend it please, sorry...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

PIN/ID
    215C7A2A
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Thanks for hosting the file. It'll make everyone else's installs a lot easier. I'm gonna try it this way to see what happens.

Update: It works like a charm and the name under the app section in options is now correctly stated as Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 instead of the 5.0.16831 hi fi name it had before. That bothered me a little but this fixed it. Thanks again ealvnv.
    Last edited by eduardog21; 12-04-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Update

PIN/ID
    ask me
    NP, btw posting via Opera
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.16831/1128; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for ota. Works well on my tour.
    Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

renkan13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried the OTA, but got the error messenge "907 Invalid COD unable to import zip file" on my 9700, anyone can help me?

thank you