So I upgraded my sw to .593 and Opera basically brings up a totally weird ... BlackBerry Bold forum

solo118 no está en línea Stack level 2

Opera Mini 4.2 not working on 9700 w/ 5.0.0.593

Advertisement

So I upgraded my sw to .593 and Opera basically brings up a totally weird program that is probably meant for the storm. None of the buttons work, and I even tried to reinstall opera 4.2 via swiss army knife to no avail.

I do not want to use Opera 5.0, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Did you have 5.0 installed at some point on device?

Quote Originally Posted by solo118 View Post
    So I upgraded my sw to .593 and Opera basically brings up a totally weird program that is probably meant for the storm. None of the buttons work, and I even tried to reinstall opera 4.2 via swiss army knife to no avail.

I do not want to use Opera 5.0, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
    I'm curious why you don't want to upgrade to Opera mini 5.0? That would have been my suggestion

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    go to mini.opera.com on your device and select other download options that will bring you to another screen with the option to download the older version and you can go download this file and install via pc
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

The problem is:
    A) I don't like 5.0 as it does not work well on forums.
    B) if I dload 4.2 the version that loads up is a weird version and I read that its the one for the storm. Very weird! I am upgrading my software tonight to 656 which should help hopefully.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    That's why I said go to the pc site and download the files to install via DM

That doesn't work. I even tried loading through bb swiss army knife