I currently have 2 email accounts set up on my bold. My .edu university one ... BlackBerry Bold forum

eskimochaos no está en línea Stack level 1

Only get new emails after i OPEN Outlook?

Advertisement

I currently have 2 email accounts set up on my bold. My .edu university one and a gmail one. I receive both of those accounts on Outlook 07 on my PC as well. For some reason my .edu address only gets emails after opening outlook. My gmail one is fine regardless of whether outlook is open or not. I sent test messages from other accounts to the .edu and the gmail one. I only got the .edu one on my Bold after I opened outlook.

Any ideas?

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    you most likely setup your .edu account using Desktop Manager/Redirector which would require Outlook to be open at all times.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    you most likely setup your .edu account using Desktop Manager/Redirector which would require Outlook to be open at all times.
    I setup both accounts on the bold itself within 2 minutes of themselves. IDK if this has been happening before or not because I have had outlook open until today when I shut it down for a restart. I have only had the bold since Wednesday.

Thanks

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    How did you enter your .edu account ? This isn't a Internet based mail system, I would assume your school is either on a Exchange email system which means they would need to setup a BES server to puch out your email to your BB

this is why I am thinking you setup Redirector..what this does is captures a copy of your email as it hits your Outlook and sents it to your Blackberry over the internet. in order for this to work your Outlook needs to be running at all times along with Desktop redirector.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    How did you enter your .edu account ? This isn't a Internet based mail system, I would assume your school is either on a Exchange email system which means they would need to setup a BES server to puch out your email to your BB

this is why I am thinking you setup Redirector..what this does is captures a copy of your email as it hits your Outlook and sents it to your Blackberry over the internet. in order for this to work your Outlook needs to be running at all times along with Desktop redirector.
    It is not exchange based, it is web based like comcast. Furthermore, other people with Blackberries have no trouble getting email in a timely manner w/o outlook installed on their PC.

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3
    You should log into the BIS, and see how this account is configured. Or better yet, remove it and then readd it in BIS, which will search for the best connection method. If it can't find one, it will ask you for the information, which then you can give it the POP server or IMAP server information.

Quote Originally Posted by 8800bruin View Post
    You should log into the BIS, and see how this account is configured. Or better yet, remove it and then readd it in BIS, which will search for the best connection method. If it can't find one, it will ask you for the information, which then you can give it the POP server or IMAP server information.
    I have done that 3 times already.

Here is what I have discovered. After setting up the account again with outlook off. I receive new emails as would anyone else on my BB. After I open outlook, I am again receiving emails on my BB normally; however, after exiting outlook is when I fail to receive any more emails on my BB. If I open outlook later, i get all the emails that I would have gotten if my BB was receiving them normally.

I think it has to do something with how I am deleting the messages. Outlook never deletes them from the server, when I delete an item in Outlook it goes to deleted items until I delete it permanently. Even then I can still retrieve it on the web mail client that my school has because it was never deleted from there. When I delete them from my BB I delete them from handheld and mailbox or sometimes just handheld. Do you have any recommendations of what I should do with these settings.

Should I have Outlook delete items from the server after I delete them in Outlook?

Could this be causing my troubles?

Thanks!

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is the .edu account setup as POP3 or IMAP or OWA?

Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
    Is the .edu account setup as POP3 or IMAP or OWA?
    POP3