Now to all my fellow stacker blackberry nation about the thunder is it only goin ... BlackBerry Bold forum

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

okay all real quick ?

Advertisement

Now to all my fellow stacker blackberry nation about the thunder is it only goin to be a vzw phone? cause I'm getting the bold when AT&T drop it and was also hoping to get the thunder to add to the collection I already have? I'm really hoping cause I need one that will take a sim,even if I have to buy an unlocked one from a carrier that has a sim any answers is very thanked before hand

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    its an exclusive to verizon but there are exceptions. like if they dont sell as many or more as there exclusive contract it will void that contract and the "thunder" will be available on other carriers. also the thunder is going to be a world phone. so someone correct me if im wrong but if you buy it and unlock it you will be able to use it on att tmobile and any gsm carrier... look for it to drop between october 13th and november 1st
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

SDU_Eric no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    its an exclusive to verizon but there are exceptions. like if they dont sell as many or more as there exclusive contract it will void that contract and the "thunder" will be available on other carriers. also the thunder is going to be a world phone. so someone correct me if im wrong but if you buy it and unlock it you will be able to use it on att tmobile and any gsm carrier... look for it to drop between october 13th and november 1st
    The "world phone" part will probably be like the 8830 where it will not support the North American frequency band. It will only support the Europe/Asia frequency and therefore, you cannot use it on AT&T? Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the world phone is only on AT&t and thanks Nicky

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by SDU_Eric View Post
    The "world phone" part will probably be like the 8830 where it will not support the North American frequency band. It will only support the Europe/Asia frequency and therefore, you cannot use it on AT&T? Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

I think your right, you can only use the 8830 on non N American freqs. VZW love to limit their handset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scbMobile
    Supply, Train & Deploy!

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Quote Originally Posted by scboatman View Post
    I think your right, you can only use the 8830 on non N American freqs. VZW love to limit their handset.
    Sprint's "World Edition" handsets are the same no N. American Freq.s
    "This life almost didn't happen"

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by scboatman View Post
    VZW love to limit their handset.
    why would a carrier get an exclusive on a phone and then allow people to buy it and use it on another network? i'm no ceo but that really wouldn't make too much sense to me.they make money on service not phones.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I really have no idea. I guess we will just have to wait and see. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    compared to an at&t exclusivity where verizons users dont get the handset for a while, it will be easier for gsm users to get their hands on a thunder because even if verizon ends up having exclusivity for a while in north america it wont matter because obviously rim wont hold off releasing the thunder to the rest of the world so you will be able to buy one online from somewhere else unlock it and use it on at&t or tmobile.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 08-25-2008 at 04:37 AM.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm not that familiar with CDMA networks but from what I remember the Thunder was supposed to be released as a CDMA BB, just like the 8703e, 8830, 8330, 8130. Therefore it will only work on Verizon or Sprint. The only one from that group that was a world phone was the 8830. So I'm going to assume that the Thunder won't work on a GSM network. Correct me if I'm wrong.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ So I'm going to assume that the Thunder won't work on a GSM network. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    You are correct. The first one released in north America will not be a GSM model.
    But rim will obviously be releasing it around the world, so there will be a GSM model at some point, because GSM is the world standard.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 08-25-2008 at 08:13 AM.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500