I understand that T-Mobile has release Bold OS 4.6.0.291. I also realize that the platform ... BlackBerry Bold forum

madlibran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207CDCA8

Official OS release for Bold 4.6.291

Advertisement

I understand that T-Mobile has release Bold OS 4.6.0.291. I also realize that the platform number (for want of a better word) is lower than platform number for the .282. Is it worth the upgrade/downgrade? How many here have installed this OS?? Any reviews??

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The number you want to look at when comparing OS numbers is the one beside 'Applications'. Carriers release their own OS' to address problems with their systems. I went from .250 from Rogers on my 8900 to .231 from T-Mo because it addressed several problems with the 8900 on T-Mo and I'm perfectly happy with it. Out of curiosity, are you using this in the UK or Europe since T-Mo doesn't carry the Bold in the U.S.?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    I'm using a Bold in Jamaica (carrier Digicel). I decided to stick with my 4.6.0.282 from Rogers with hybrid.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok. As long as it works for you. Some people just have to have the newest OS number available. As long it's stable, I'd stick with what you have.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    My 4.6.0.282 OS is working great, I'm just waiting on 5.0, the official release. I would just love to improve my battery life....I think all berry users would love that.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14

isaacandy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Noticed a few significant features which has been removed from .291 which previously available on .282
    i. If you're using the shortcut keys to access your addressbook, calendar and other apps directly from your home screen (this option can be enabled by first going to the Phone options, under General Option, and setting Dial From Home Screen to "No")
    - when using on the .282, When you're at any screen, if you hold on to the Menu Button (the button with the Blackberry Logo), the application switcher will appear to enable you to swap application at any point, however, on the .291, this feature is disabled.

ii. Also, previously I had an additional Application Centre, which is something similar to App World. Which had the standard list of Instant messaging application, that also has been removed in the .291.

Havent fully tested it yet, but I think i'll wait for the stable version of the 5.0 instead