hey guys, so I just recently upgraded my Bold OS to rogers .282, and downloaded ... BlackBerry Bold forum

msedaros no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B1341

Odd facebook link

Advertisement

hey guys,
    so I just recently upgraded my Bold OS to rogers .282, and downloaded BBM 5.0, I just noticed now that in my address book, some entries have linked to that persons facebook page, adding a picture, a facebook name, employer etc... anyone else notice this? and if so, do you know why it is only doing it for random entries and not all?
    at first i thought it was for people whose email i had, and it happened to link to their facebook account, but that doesnt appear to be the case... any thoughts, its pretty cool actually, if a bit creepy...

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yea, this is normal. I think it picks up on the names of the people who have PIN associated with them and merges FB names with them.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep, also checks on emails n cell phone #'s..
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

adils no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep I have my contacts the same way I think it is a wonderful function, especially as it even adds email addresses and date of births.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C
    Normal. It automatically does so, if you add a new contact who's on your fb friends list.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

PIN/ID
    207B1341
    Yup figured out how to link FB contacts to phone contacts if the phone doesnt do it on its own, any idea why for some people it gets all info, ie job, birthdate etc while others things like the birthday doesnt come up, even though its on their profile?

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    no idea. the new fb app is a little flaky with that. it merges some contacts but not others, and even if you force the connection it still doesn't always work.

tego10122 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2A5EC
    mine, does this too .. love it!
    Twitter / Facebook / Portfolio
    1,000 Business Cards. Designed, Printed, Shipped to your door step. For $125.00
    Your Creative Monster ©

PIN/ID
    207B1341
    Ya, its a little unreliable in that sense, but i say its better than nothing.