Hi, everyone! I'm new so take it easy on me. I'm sure this topic has ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Tchocky no está en línea Stack level 1

Numeric Passkey for Blackberry?

Advertisement

Hi, everyone! I'm new so take it easy on me. I'm sure this topic has been covered several times already. I got the Bold 9000 from at&t and am trying to pair it with my old Curve 8310 so I can import the contacts from my SIM card. I called at&t to get the unlock code for the Bold but they wouldn't give it to me...no surprise there. They told me I could try to transfer my contacts via the Bluetooth. I tried pairing both Blackberrys but it's asking for a "numeric passkey". I never assigned a numeric passkey for either Blackberry. Is the "numeric passkey" the same as the IMEI or PIN (SIM card)? Please help. I tried calling Blackberry as well but their voice automated system was no help.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Usually when pairing Bluetooth devices the passkey is 0000 (four zeros) but I've never done two Blackberry's together. I'd give it a try, it can't hurt anything if it's wrong.
    Good Luck!

Thanks for the quick reply. It worked and I was able to pair the two Blackberrys. Now if I could only figure out how to transmit my contacts from my old Blackberry to my new Blackberry. Bluetooth is a relatively new technology to me.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I don't believe there is an option to transfer contacts via BT.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. It worked and I was able to pair the two Blackberrys. Now if I could only figure out how to transmit my contacts from my old Blackberry to my new Blackberry. Bluetooth is a relatively new technology to me.
    If there is any way to get the RIM software downloaded you can accomplish this transfer in less than a minute
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    A numeric passkey when pairing two devices is anything. Its just used to verify that the two people want to pair. You can use anything even if its just a 1. The 0000 is for connecting a bluetooth headset or something for which there's no way to set up your own passkey
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

I'm going to try to the "Switch Wizard" in the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Has anyone here tried that feature? You need to connect both Blackberry devices to your PC. How is that going to affect the way Desktop Manager recognizes your Blackberry? Can it recognize both PIN's simultaneously?

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yea the num passkey is set by you, to make sure you can trust the bluetooth transfer coming in. The quickest and most reliable way will deff be using BlackBerry Desktop Manager and the Switch Wizard.

The DM can (in my experience) detect at least three BlackBerrys at a time.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    Connect the one you want to copy from, then when the information is collected it will ask for the new phone. That simple!!!!

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    I'm going to try to the "Switch Wizard" in the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Has anyone here tried that feature? You need to connect both Blackberry devices to your PC. How is that going to affect the way Desktop Manager recognizes your Blackberry? Can it recognize both PIN's simultaneously?
    The desktop manager is THE way to move your information from one blackberry to another. The Switch Device wizard is the standard method of doing this. Just follow the instructions. You plug in you old device first, it copies everything, even your settings and then prompts you to unplug the old device and plug in the new unit. It then installs all your information and even most of your settings from your older device. I and other have used it many times.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

I used the Switch Wizard last night. I was successful in transferring all my contacts from my Curve to my Bold but everything else got screwed up. I lost all my email addresses and am unable to add new email addresses. It looks like the Switch Wizard replaced all my Call Logs and Service Books.

I just got off the phone with AT&T. After about an hour talking with them, looks like all my email addresses have been restored. None of my appointments in my calender were restored. They didn't have to do anything on their end. All I had to do was remove the battery and reset the phone. Boy...do I feel dumb. Thanks everyone for their help.