I just upgraded to v5.0.0.545(bell) OS from 5.0.0423, I noticed the long press mute key ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bobhammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2171D09A

No more standby mode??

Advertisement

I just upgraded to v5.0.0.545(bell) OS from 5.0.0423, I noticed the long press mute key to put the phone to standby mode has gone, is it done deliberately or is it just a bug???
    Can someone plz help out??

thanks in advance!!!
    Gtalk:bobhammer
    Yahoo:bobhammer3
    Msn:bobhammer3

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think that it was intentional, if you notice, when you press the button now, the phone shuts down completely. The screen goes black and the keyboard locks...it's like standby mode, just a little different. Before when you pressed the button, the keyboard just locked and you could still view the desktop.

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is this better on your battery, going into standby instead of just locking Thanks.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes...I have noticed a huge increase in battery life with this build. I haven't noticed any issues yet...running very well on my 9700. I was running .405 and was charging every day, with this new build I am charging every 2 days!!

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is Your Mute Key No Longer Working For Stand By Mode?

In earlier BlackBerry Device Software versions the mute key was used to turn standby mode on. Due to changes in the lock key functionality on the BlackBerry smartphone starting in BlackBerry Device software 5.0, the mute key no longer places the BlackBerry smartphone into Standby mode. The mute key will still function to mute calls in the phone application.
    At least .545 and .566 have had this new feature in place... I've started getting used to using the Lock button.

bobhammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2171D09A
    I have noticed something odd tho! Like when u are on the phone with the handfree, before I updated, I was able to lock the phone with the top left lock key! But since I have updated, I seem to have lost this function and I want it back? Is it done intentionally, or is it a bug????
    Gtalk:bobhammer
    Yahoo:bobhammer3
    Msn:bobhammer3

enotar no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am in 593 and it is gone for ever I think.
    You can use a third party like autostandby.
    There maybe some free solutions arround.
    Last edited by enotar; 04-18-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    So is the keyboard lock also the standby? The manual doesn't cover this!Thanks

I don't think anybody really knows what "standby mode" on a BB is lol - - Right now I'm running 586, and: 1. The alt/enter combination locks the device and invokes the password; 2. The top left "lock" key shuts off the lights and locks the keyboard, but does not invoke the password; and 3. Pressing and holding the "A" key does the same thing as the Lock key. I guess you can characterize 2 and 3 as "Standby Mode" if you want [grin]