I am no longer able to view PDF files on my 9700. The files still ... BlackBerry Bold forum

e-rok no está en línea Stack level 1

No longer able to view PDF files

Advertisement

I am no longer able to view PDF files on my 9700. The files still have a pdf icon next to them like my bb recognizes the files, but when I try to open them, it gives me the message "Unable to display file/....." Anyone have any idea on how to restore this function? Thanks for the help.

Probably solved with a battery pull. Turn your device off, take out the battery, count to 30 and replace battery. The OS will completely reload from memory anew, and you should be good. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Probably solved with a battery pull. Turn your device off, take out the battery, count to 30 and replace battery. The OS will completely reload from memory anew, and you should be good. Cheers!

Thanks for the response Mark, however the battery pull does not resolve the issue. Any other ideas?? I still get the same "unable to display file\media card/..........."

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Is there any indication that the media card may have become corrupted somehow? Do you have music or pictures on the card that you are able to play/view?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Is there any indication that the media card may have become corrupted somehow? Do you have music or pictures on the card that you are able to play/view?
    Roger-
    No problem viewing any other files on my card, just PDF files. I will try emailing myself a new PDF and see if I can open it.

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    You will need to resend service books to your BlackBerry. You still will not be able to open those PDF files because they are on the BlackBerry prior to the new service books so you will need to email the PDF files back to yourself.