Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got a new Rogers 8900 from a seller in Canada today. It is ... BlackBerry Bold forum

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way

No going back from the Bold!

Advertisement

I just got a new Rogers 8900 from a seller in Canada today. It is a nice phone but it would never replace my Bold. This will be a record turn around for me but to eBay it goes!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I feel the same Greg. I wouldn't give it up for a 8900 or any other BB. Go BOLD . What did you miss the most about your BOLD?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Guess I got used to the size and feel of the keyboard. Just downloading my NexRad Radar map took a little too long though I use the Internet very seldom.

Do not get me wrong, it is well build and solid and has a great screen, it is just not enough to get rid of my Bold.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    I feel the same way.... but in reverse. I don't think anything can replace my 8900.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    I feel the same way.... but in reverse. I don't think anything can replace my 8900.
    Booooooooo lol j/k. "Blackberry Love", it's a wonderful thing isn't it? No matter which device!

PIN/ID
    No Way
    This is what makes the world go around. Everyone has different perceptions and needs for their devices. The 8900 is a new breed for sure and hold little left over from the older Curve.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Booooooooo lol j/k. "Blackberry Love", it's a wonderful thing isn't it? No matter which device!
    I agree with that! Go BOLD........ Blackberry LOVE
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    The Blackberry Bold..Best smartophone on the planet...but you guys look out for the Pluto, its basically a Bold with a touch screen...yikes...( in a good way)...

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Guess I got used to the size and feel of the keyboard. Just downloading my NexRad Radar map took a little too long though I use the Internet very seldom.

Do not get me wrong, it is well build and solid and has a great screen, it is just not enough to get rid of my Bold.
    What do you think of the keyboard on the 8900 compared to the Bold?

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    What do you think of the keyboard on the 8900 compared to the Bold?
    It is smaller but has a real good crisp click to it. Not mushy like my Curve was.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    If the keys aren't "mushy" it might not be that baf as that's one thing I hated about my Curve. Even if the keys are as you say I don't think I could give up my Bold, I'm WAY to used to the screen real estate and keyboard design.

I challenge people scared of the Bold's size to try it out, it grew on me real quick and now I can't see using anything else...after a couple months the Bold looks normal to me, doesn't seem large at all once you're used to it.

GO BOLD indeed...RIM4EVER!

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The Bold is my personal favorite.

There is just enough difference between a Bold & the new Curve that it all depends on user preference. I also see that as a great advantage for RIM. Two devices with full qwerty keyboards to choose from. Moving forward once RIM makes the 8900 obsolete which will be soon, the replacement with 3G will make the choice even harder. Now _that_is the Curve that I'm waiting for. While it will not replace my Bold as my primary BlackBerry, it will be a nice compliment to it. For those times I want a smaller grab & go BB that will be a great choice.

~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Answer

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    It is smaller but has a real good crisp click to it. Not mushy like my Curve was.
    You didn't answer my question. How is the keyboard COMPARED to the Bold?

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    If the keys aren't "mushy" it might not be that baf as that's one thing I hated about my Curve. Even if the keys are as you say I don't think I could give up my Bold, I'm WAY to used to the screen real estate and keyboard design.

I challenge people scared of the Bold's size to try it out, it grew on me real quick and now I can't see using anything else...after a couple months the Bold looks normal to me, doesn't seem large at all once you're used to it.

I am sold. I like the Bold and I can't see my self downgrading to what is essentially a Curve. Sure the 8900 has some nice features. Higher Res screen, 3.2 Mega Pixel Camera, more RAM, new trackball. But those are not enough to sway me from a solid keyboard and 3G
    Last edited by Ge; 01-14-2009 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Multi Quote

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I don't like mushy keys. I don't mind if they have a little click to them.

Form factor is very important to me and I am sorry to say this to you guys and girls, but the Bold is a brick!!! Bring on the 8900.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    I don't like mushy keys. I don't mind if they have a little click to them.

Form factor is very important to me and I am sorry to say this to you guys and girls, but the Bold is a brick!!! Bring on the 8900.
    Well if you like the Bold but want a slightly smaller form factor the 8900 is going to light your candle. It is thinner, more narrow and not quite as tall and yet has many of the bells and whistles of the Bold. The screen is simply outstanding and the 3+ mp camera is really nice until you try to send a full res image with EDGE. When RIM comes out with the AT&T 8950 or what ever they call the 3G Curve, it will be a sock rocker!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast