Hey guys! Got the Bold today, so I thought I'd officially switch my focus from ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Ryo Misaki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    237E0FA6

New to the Bold

Advertisement

Hey guys!
    Got the Bold today, so I thought I'd officially switch my focus from the 8310 forum to this one.

I've been lurking around PinStack for ages, and only posted a handful of times, so I thought I'd try to pick up some activity.

Any new tips, awesome apps, or things I should know about my new phone from coming off the Curve?

Thanks, and nice to meet you all!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Congrats on your upgrade. Great to have you in the Stacks. did you install most or all of the recommended apps here already:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/local_links.php

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Welcome to the Stacks and enjoy your new 9000-great device.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What OS are you running on it??? Some of the older 4.6 OS versions were ok, but the new OS 5.0 versions are very sweet.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am not running any Bold specific apps, but the ones I have work better than on my old 8800. The GPS seems to be more sensitive, finds my location quicker, a big plus point for me!

PIN/ID
    237E0FA6
    Thanks Hayden. Actually, I've completely forgotten about the Downloads section of the site there.
    I do use a good half of those already, but I'll have to check out the others!

Thank you Chokem!

Fatboy, I'm using 4.6.0.304. It's the latest "official" OS through ATT.
    Any idea when ATT will make 5.0 official? Or is messing with the beta worth it?

Yeah, I'm excited to check out the GPS and stuff, Dushdavj. I've been busy, so I've not had a chance to tinker with my new phone as much as I'd like to yet.
    I AM, however, loving the WiFi! I've never had a phone that got to use that before.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had the 8900 on T-Mobile before upgrading the 9700... I would hope both AT&T and T-Mobile would update their older devices to OS 5.0, but I would not hold my breath... if you want to try it out, I'd recommend you do it... backup everything, including your 3rd party apps and pull the trigger... upgrading to OS 5.0 is easy... it does take a little time, but it really is easy.

After you backup everything... just download and install the OS of choice on your PC... delete the Vendor.xml file, then click on the Loader.exe file in the same location as the Vendor.xml file and follow the directions... then you might need to upgrade a couple programs like Facebook and BBM, and do a battery pull or two, register your apps again... like I said fairly simple. I did my 8900 a few months back... and I upgrade my 9700 to the latest OS version all the time, even though it's not supported by T-Mobile... I can always wipe my device and reload the old supported OS when or IF I ever need to.

Threaded SMS... new feel for themes... I think it's a much better and quicker OS... and it made it much easier to use a newer device like the 9700 when I did upgrade.

PIN/ID
    237E0FA6
    ATT was pretty good at keeping the Curve updated with whatever came out for it... Albeit slow.
    So hopefully, considering Bold isn't TOO old, they'll give us 5.0.

Yeah, I think I will try out the 5.0. Might as well now before I load it up much with stuff yet, in case something goes wrong.

Yeah, I did unofficial upgrade back with 4.5 on my Curve, so I know how to do it. Thank you, though!
    5.0 seems pretty nice, I'm excited. =D
    Last edited by Ryo Misaki; 04-14-2010 at 03:28 PM.