Just got my 9700 after having a 8320 for the past 2 years. After a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

New to 9700, stuck on "unread message"

Advertisement

Just got my 9700 after having a 8320 for the past 2 years. After a few hours of using it and receiving emails/text, I am now stuck on "1 new message" I have pulled battery twice, deleted all messages and just cant fix this, does anyone know anything I can do to fix this??? I read somewhere on here about someone else having this issue a few days ago but of course now that I need it I can not find that thread.

Thanks for your help in advance.

c-los25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    check your messages folder, you may have an unread message even though you have checked your email. It also seems to store call logs info.

c-los25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    If the calls are showing up in the message folder, you can go to options>phone options>call logging and just change it there.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    if you truly dont have a message waiting for you and you are certain its your bb doing the funky chicken dance, try cycling the theme to something else and then back to that one... that can fix others bugs elsewhere and may help this one too...
    I'm a born again Androider

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    i had this problem once. not on my 9700 but on my 9000. turned out that there was a message unopened in a hidden folder.

Switched themes a few times and no fix. I will double check any hidden folders. Thanks!

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C
    Yeah I am sorry to say I have the same issue and I have done numerous things to fix.
    deleted every app and email on the phone, completely wiped and restored, then completely wiped and started as new, host routing table, resend service books, battery pulls, theme switches, and even went to a new 9700. Maybe the only and biggest difference is that I am on a bes server. I figured that whatever it is someone will find a solution or it will go away in a similar manner as it showed up. I love the phone enough to live with it for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwell61 View Post
    Yeah I am sorry to say I have the same issue and I have done numerous things to fix.
    deleted every app and email on the phone, completely wiped and restored, then completely wiped and started as new, host routing table, resend service books, battery pulls, theme switches, and even went to a new 9700. Maybe the only and biggest difference is that I am on a bes server. I figured that whatever it is someone will find a solution or it will go away in a similar manner as it showed up. I love the phone enough to live with it for awhile.
    Wierd thing happened today, I was deleting an app "Drive Safely" and of course I selected to restart the phone now and when it came back on to my surprise the "1 message" thing was gone!

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C
    I finally got my message off of my phone. I had an activation successful message that I found. I checked every email folder and there was nothing there. I got ahold of a friend of mine from RIM and all I had to do is simply do a message search for all unread messages. I found the one hidden message and deleted it. Headache Gone!!!! I feel dumb after every single thing that I had done I never thought to do a simple search.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, in the future if this happens again, just open a Messages folder, scroll to Search, change Service to "All Services", press the BB menu button and do the search. This will bring up every message in every folder on your device, including call logs.

Glenn J no está en línea Stack level 2
    Very timely thread. We just got my wife the 9700 last night (great BB BTW) and we have this same issue. I'll give some of these suggestions a shot tonight.