Hi all, I finally traded in the old Treo 680 for a shiny 9700, and ... BlackBerry Bold forum

solmssen no está en línea Stack level 1

new TMO 9700 user - I'm in love, but...

Hi all,

I finally traded in the old Treo 680 for a shiny 9700, and I love it. I'm running my own little Blackberry Professional Server on a VM at home and waiting with bated breath for the release of the new BESX.

There are few things that I'm curious about:

I'm using the charge cradle on my desk, and I have bedside mode turned on from 12am to 8am. If the unit is in the cradle as 12am rolls over, it doesn't go into bedside mode. If I pull it out and put it back, it does go into bedside mode. Similarly - if it's in the cradle at or after 8am, it doesn't leave bedside until I take it out of the cradle.

Can I add more rows of icons to the home screen? 6 is not enough. I don't need fancy themes or other frippery - just more icons. In my searches I see that some BBs used to come with a theme called "Icons" that did that - but not the 9700.

On the Treo, there was an app obviously inspired by the BB that let me hold a key for capital letters, and then took it a step further with a double tap for alt characters. Any such thing for the BB?

Can I somehow remap the "$" key for a "."? I know about hitting two spaces, but I really want a separate period key.

That's all for now I guess - thanks so much for any assistance you can provide.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I found this 9700 theme that is like the old icon themes. You can check it out here

Since I don't own a 9700, I'll leave your other questions up to our other proud 9700 stackers
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16