Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi, am i alone in hating the small typing screen for the text messages, can ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

new sms window screen on the 9700 i dont like it.

Advertisement

hi, am i alone in hating the small typing screen for the text messages, can it be changed, these a big window above it showing the history of messages with that contact but when you type its only a character deep.

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    Well you aren't completely alone. I too used to dislike the threaded sms but after while I've become numb to it. I definitely would like more options for sms.

recursive no está en línea Stack level 1
    I also hate the new SMS window. I wish I could go back so SMS messages look like emails. I thought that was the strength of Blackberry, i.e. how it handles messaging in its different forms.

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    You are probably in the minority on disliking the threaded SMS. BB users have been begging for threaded SMS on BB for YEARS, and that is why RIM finally put it in version 5.0.
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

mynameisJAYR85 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158552F
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    You are probably in the minority on disliking the threaded SMS. BB users have been begging for threaded SMS on BB for YEARS, and that is why RIM finally put it in version 5.0.
    Basically.

They're awesome if you give them a chance and use them properly. I love being able to look back at information all in one place rather than have to search through SMS/Email boxes.
    I'm a Blackberry Bold...lookin for my Sidekick

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    i personally love the threaded SMS, maybe they should list it as an SMS option : Threaded/Classic.
    i heart pink robots, cupcakes, and sushi.
    www.nerdyconnie.com

recursive no está en línea Stack level 1
    That may be so, but I would love an option I liked the way that SMS was integrated and handled just like email. Also, in the old version you could still see up to 10 SMS in a thread. The composition window was larger.

The main thing I don't like is that all the SMS messages you exchange with a person appears as ONE item in the message list. Would you want to see all your email with a person appear as ONE item in the message list? That doesn't make sense to me. I've already accidentally deleted a ton of unrelated messages by deleting one item.

Also, is there a shortcut to compose a new SMS? I used to just select in the message list header, click Menu, "Compose SMS" and it worked like composing an email. Now you get a separate window that keeps prompting for a receipient, requiring you to click an OK button. Why all the complication?

aznarc no está en línea Stack level 1
    you can change the font. mine is pretty big.

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just got my 9700 yesterday and i actually like the threaded sms feature. coming from my 9000 it is way easier to keep up.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    On my Bold with 5.0.0.411 installed there is an option to include SMS and MMS messages in the inbox. Try opening your inbox, pressing the menu button and selecting options-->inbox settings and there should be a check box to include SMS and MMS messages in the main message list. I haven't used it that way because I like the threaded SMS but I would think it would revert back to the "classic" view.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

+1-- everyone wanted threaded sms!
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Everyone has their own preference, but I must admit that before I got my DROID, I tried 5.0 on my 8330 and the threaded SMS was awesome! I loved it! Too bad the rest of my 8330 hated 5.0, had to dump it and go back to 4.5 and I did miss the threaded feature.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

knightberlin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Count me in FOR the threaded SMS - just makes sense to me!

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I didn't like it either, but am also numb to it now. I do like it when someone sends an SMS that's to long...it theads both texts together to look like one message.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I like it, its one of the advantages in the 5.0 OS-JMO
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast