Hello. I have a 9700 bold from T-mo on .330. When new mail arrives, the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

natan no está en línea Stack level 2

Question New Message Indicator

Advertisement

Hello. I have a 9700 bold from T-mo on .330. When new mail arrives, the icon at the top of the screen that shows unread message count, does not get a little red star next to it when new messages arrive. The number of unread emails is showing up correctly, but the red star next to the envelope is missing. is anyone else experiencing similar "bug"?
    I did a bunch of battery pulls and service book resends but nothing worked. I'm using the default today theme that came with the OS.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    have you tried marking those unread messages you have and select them as read and then try to resending yourself an email to see if the red indicator shows up? try that and get back to us...Good luck
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Now, if you have done a restoration on your bb meaning restored old messages onto your bb sometimes during this process people get a text or email and causes a glitch on the device...it's sort of a hiccup while processing all this data transfer this also regards that one missed call icon or voicemail icon. People don't know this but when you get a voicemail icon and it won't dissappear and you've already checked your voicemail and deleted it and all and still rebooted like a million times and the icon's still there call yourself leave yourself a voicemail and the icon will definitely clear out...I know this because I've done it

yes, I marked all read, and then sent myself an email. On the home screen, under Message, as a part of Today screen, the red star shows up, but at the top of the screen where all notifications show up, the red star is not there.

I have not restored any messages from my older device. all the emails are fresh incoming messages. I'm curious if this is a common issues or if I need to OS reinstall or something of that sort.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    that's very odd. Can you please post a pic? Try using captureit to do this... So, you get the red indicator on the homescren where all the icons are but not on the unread icon (the little icons on the banner), right?

I will try to post a picture when I get on a different computer. I think i need the cable to get a screen shot, and I don't have one with me right now.
    yes, i just sent myself an email again. and on a home screen, i have a red start next to "message" folder and next to my gmail inbox, but not at the very top.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    have you tried resending your service books? Call ATT and they'll connect you to blackberry tech support. They're the greatest, They resolved an issue I had a month ago with my 8900 in minutes ...Remember if they ask you for personal things like the pin number or ime or mac number you don't need to hang up to do a battery pull just hit alt/shift/h and it'll prompt your device info . Just a little FYI.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    This is what yours should look like...Look at the red stars one on top and one at the bottom...little unread icons and the regular homescreen icon...

here is a pic. what's weird is that sometimes that star is there, and at other times it's not. i can't see to find a golden way to reproduce an issue. but here is a screenshot that definitely shows that's something is off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    aww man...Contact those people at bb dude they'll help ya out.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    See thats kind athe issue im having when i get an email my message indicator comes on and i read the email but then it also comes in my other email one i have emails and sms sent to same folder but they both get notifications

Update: I installed .351 Rogers OS and the issue no longer exists.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Glad to hear you got it sorted out natan