just bought an 8gig memory card for my bold. I formatted the memory card...now i'm ... BlackBerry Bold forum

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C

new memory card

Advertisement

just bought an 8gig memory card for my bold. I formatted the memory card...now i'm wondering how i can transfer stuff to the memory card to take off the units memory?

Does it do it automatically cause i've tried everything it seems and it doesn't look like there are any options.

Keep in mind, I only have about 5 apps and maybe 15 pics stored on my phone before i bought the mem stick, so it's not like I have alot of stuff or am desperate for space.

any thoughts are appreciated.

G

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    You can use the explore option within the media app to move your pictures. As for apps, can't. They're there and won't run off the card. There is an app that will allow you to move them for storage purposes, but you have to move it back to the device to use them.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Right. You can put multimedia data and Office docs and such and use them from the card, but not apps or themes or such. Sorry. BlackBerry has two (or three) different memory areas, and only "Application Memory" can hold device firmware and apps. Luckily apps are relatively small compared to media files.

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C
    Ah thanx. Good to know. Got things under control. Thanx again

G