I am a new Blackberry Bold user, indeed I am a new Blackberry user. After ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8

New Bold User & Application Memory- where did it go?

Advertisement

I am a new Blackberry Bold user, indeed I am a new Blackberry user. After many years of Palm, Windows Mobile and Symbian the Bold has surprised me in many ways. After finally sorting a duplicate email issue, I am left with one final problem- APPLICATION MEMORY! It runs out within 2 days of use for me and having to reset is a pain. Anyway, can any of you answer the following questions?

1/ Are there any particular third party applications (or activities with default software) that can cause memory to leak? I only have Worldmate, MobiPocket and Ascendo Finance installed- any of these known to cause issues?

2/ What's the best utility to reclaim lost memory without resetting the device?

3/ WHY do RIM put so little application memory in a device that is brilliant at everything else? Difficiult one to answer I guess

4/ Any other tips for a new Blackberry user that will speed up my familiarity with this platform.

Finally- PinStack is a brilliant resource and easily one of the most informative websites I have seen on any subject.
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Shaun,

Welcome to PinStack and the land of BlackBerry! There are lots of little tricks to reclaim device memory, many of which are here. This thread was written before the Bold was around, but I would imagine most if not all of these suggestions will continue to work on the Bold.

Here's a great place to start to learn your way around PinStack and therefore the BlackBerry world.

Don't have any of the apps you mention above, so cannot discuss one way or the other as to how much memory they do or don't utilize.

Again, welcome to the best resource on Earth for your BlackBerry needs!

Roger

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    Thanks for the advice Roger- will have a look at the memory tips and the general PinStack ones
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

lynafradera no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249E39E8

memory issues

well you may do some settings to have your BB bold running fast and free some memory space, BB keeps a log of every move you do, like phone log, emails, text message, whatever, well, you can access:

options- memory- and set, media card option to on, encryption mode none, mass storage mode support on, save that setting

then at options-security options-memory cleaning-status enable, and set the cleaning to holstered or idle, this will clean memory everytime phone idles or get holstered without having you to do so manually.

other way is one the home screen, press alt lglg and will show a log, press the menu button, and clear that, that'll free some space too, for emails, what I did was that I set an automatic fwd of my att.blackberry.net messages to my yahoo mail box, and then erase them from my bb, unless they're really important that I need to have them handy.

hope this get helpfull to you.