Ok, Ive been so excited to get my new Bold. Its now arrived and although ... BlackBerry Bold forum

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E

New Bold - Need Help!!

Advertisement

Ok, Ive been so excited to get my new Bold. Its now arrived and although Im used to BB with my 8820 Im really struggling to set it up.

My problems are this:-

It recognises my Wi-Fi signal at home but then wont connect to it, could this be because it tells that the radio is off?

I dont get any signal from my Orange provider at all, this hasnt been the case with my 8820 so I know that its the phone.

Ive tried to use the desktop manager to transfer from my old device to my new one, but it just doesnt work, it tells me its transferring but then when it gets to the port screen, it wont go any further, it just tells me that Im using my old device. Ive now installed the new disc that came with the Bold and got the new updated desktop manager but still no joy.

I bought this phone from e bay so have been a bit worried as it stated brand new but there were no screen covers on it and an old e mail so I think its fairly obvious its been used.

Also had problems turning the handheld off and on, it just sticks on the orange screen and no amount of pressing any buttons will turn it either on or off. I have to take the battery out.

Help please!!!

waddeng no está en línea Stack level 3
    Which version of the OS do you have? Maybe you should re-install the OS and before you try to transfer everything from your old BB, make sure it is working ok.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Did you already unlock the bold ? because that would make sens if you dont get signal from Orange

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Hi, I have os 4.6 which I believe is the latest one and no i didnt get the phone unlocked, it is supposed to be locked to Orange Uk.

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    forgot to say that I now have a signal for orange so I can make and receive calls but still not able to set up anything else