Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Here's the link to a thread on pinstack with information on all the Latest official ... BlackBerry Bold forum

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

Here's the link to a thread on pinstack with information on all the Latest official OS releases for the bold organized by version and carrier.
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=92067

Here's a link for a thread that discusses all the Latest unofficial bold beta os releases that get leaked onto the internet
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f227/official_bold_9000_4_6_beta_discussion-100596/

Here's the list of carriers from the blackberry site. From here you can go to your carrier's page and select your device to see the latest OS available through your carrier.
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

If you go with either of the first two options, don't forget to delete the vendor.xml file.

Upgrading an OS is fairly simple. You download the upgrade, install it to your pc / laptop. And then either use your DM or the apploader to install it onto your device after doing a backup...

Step by step Instructions for upgrading the OS are also availabe here on pinstack. If you need those too, I can locate that thread as well and post it here...

Enjoy...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyweb View Post
    O2 in the UK.
    Thanks for your help
    Go with either the first or second link in my opinion, but if you want to stick to an O2 release, go with the third (it will definately be an older OS as its not on the list for latest official OS releases- first link)

As I mentioned earier, I'd go with .234 which has been amazingly stable for me and had great battery life... (For this, go to the link on unofficial BETA os)...

Good luck...

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    I don't see how a sim card has anything to do with 3G or signal in general...

I think a simple battery pull should do the trick...

Or did you by any chance pick up some new wireless devices for the house that may be causing interference?
    I'm just speaking from experiance with my friends curve on tmobile, he was having issues with reception and couldn't make calls. I took the sim out of my pearl and the phone worked fine. He went and got a new sim and his issue was solved. This may be totally unrelated as the Bold is a differnt monster all together. I agree that an OS update would be good, as I said I fixed my issue with the switching by going to .210.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Bhp77, I sorta agree with you as well... Sometimes these monsters act weird... And then its anyone's call... Lol... Weird things have happen...

sparkyweb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for all your help. It seems to be working fine now. I am slightly "worried" about upgrading an os on a phone as I have never done it before. I shall have a look for that guide

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sparky, you can find the upgrade/installation guide in the FAQ link in my signature. Post back if you need further assistance.

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Gatechfireblade, your carrier may just have weak edge coverage?

Jcg3, mostly when you get a replacement phone, its usually a refurb...

And definately always a good idea to upgrade the OS... .234 is the most reliable one so far...
    That would make sense to me. But why wouldn't the phone switch to 3g? I find my service is more consistent when I pick the network.

sparkyweb no está en línea Stack level 2
    An update for you all. I popped into my local store today and they told me I had to pay for a 3G card I then rang customer services who said that was rubbish and told me to pass the phone over to the shop assistant!! Anyway the shop did confirm that as I had my old sim card for so long it would not have been 3G enabled. They supplied me with a new sim card (free) and it now works fine.
    I have been connected with 3G service now for over 4 hours.

I am not yet brave enough to upgrade the phones OS.

Once again thanks for all of your help (oh and i've bookmarked the FAQ page for future use!)

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yup, the very first response to your thread was right: SIM card. I'd leave the OS alone unless you run into problems AND they are likely related to your OS. Most times updating the OS causes more problems than it solves, but people on these forums love to do it.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Anyone have any formidable information describing how a simcard affects 3g reception?

I'm glad your issue got resolved sparky... Maybe I need to do my own research on sim cards and their functionalities...

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    definetly update the os and get a new sim card. the bold is notoriously picky about sims, i went through three before i got everything working correctly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12