got my bold today.. and after missing the ups man and picking my package up ... BlackBerry Bold forum

8700krystal no está en línea Stack level 2

New Bold Doesn't Work!

Advertisement

got my bold today.. and after missing the ups man and picking my package up late this evening, the phone DOES NOT work.. the signal shows full, then shows SOS, then shows searching for network.. i've tried walking outside and i get the same thing... and at&t doesn't have 24 hour tech support?? i'm going crazy here!

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by 8700krystal View Post
    got my bold today.. and after missing the ups man and picking my package up late this evening, the phone DOES NOT work.. the signal shows full, then shows SOS, then shows searching for network.. i've tried walking outside and i get the same thing... and at&t doesn't have 24 hour tech support?? i'm going crazy here!

Take a deep breath.

Have you charged the phone fully? I thought mine was and then it died really quick.

Have you tried doing a battery pull? When you pull the battery remove the SIM card and re-insert it for good measure. Make sure you check out Manage Connections as well.

I had the same thing happening when I first got mine. I stressed really bad. I also had issues with the battery getting EXTREMELY hot. My phone still kicks over to SOS occassionally. Is it connecting to EDGE or edge or 3G?

If you are converting from one BB to another, did you update your BIS?

I know it sounds like basic questions but just trying to get a bit more info.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

deep breath taken. after numerous times on the phone with at&t this morning, we've determined i just don't have good coverage in or around my home..

the phone is on it's way back, and i guess i'm sticking with verizon. my blackberry storm will be here monday.. hopefully the 9000 makes its way to verizon sooner than later.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Wow, major trauma time. The Bold is great but so is the Storm. I'm glad it worked out for you.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

i LOVE blackberry's.. but i'm afraid my only issue with the storm will be the touch screen! is it very hard to use?

any juicy gossip about the bold or newest curve making it's way to verizon soon? **crossing my fingers**

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    My girlfriend has the storm. The touch screen is very unique. Way better than the iphone. For the simple fact that you have to press on the screen to activate the keys. It may take a hour or so to get used to, but I was typing almost as fast as I do on my physical keypad in no time.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    As soon as you get the storm update it to the latest OS after that you will a TORNADO.

JakeHasABB no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by drice30721 View Post
    My girlfriend has the storm. The touch screen is very unique. Way better than the iphone. For the simple fact that you have to press on the screen to activate the keys. It may take a hour or so to get used to, but I was typing almost as fast as I do on my physical keypad in no time.
    I always thought typing would be a little strange. I press type pretty quickly and sometimes two keys may be depressed simultaneously but I would imagine having only a single button (the entire screen) would end up crippling my speed a bit. Does this get in the way?

jdow2405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FE9E83
    Things happen for a reason, that's is because the storm is great. lol
    MrS.OfFiCeR

sanjeevRon no está en línea Stack level 1
    what can be the main problem for not being able to send or recieve emails on blackberry.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    A little more specific. Try pulling the battery, do have your email icons?

well i'm glad to see you guys are so supportive of the storm.. makes me feel a ton better!

i really had my hopes set on the bold though..

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    As soon as you get the storm update it to the latest OS after that you will a TORNADO.

latest os? what is it and where can it be found?

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Sanjeev try resending the service books to your phone. That usually fixes the email problem.