There's a new Bold review over at BGR. A bit lengthy, but thorough as usual ... BlackBerry Bold forum

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4

New Blackberry 9000/Bold Review over at BGR

Advertisement

There's a new Bold review over at BGR.

A bit lengthy, but thorough as usual for BG:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...t-for-a-month/
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hm. While it sounds really impressive under the hood, I'm a little more than concerned about how fragile the housing sounds in this report. Sounds like it can get pretty scratched up with every day use if you're one who doesn't like covering the device.

desjones571 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2456447E
    Thanks BGR for an excellent report. Sounds like under the hood is more impressive than outside. For the record I have an 8820 and for the most part I like it(even though it took 5 of them being sent to me for various defects). It sounds like it was a rush job on RIM part. For them to be developing this phone for three years something doesn't sound right. ATT was all over this. Pinstack members were getting all crazy for not trying to release sooner and blaming their ties with Apple. Tried to figure out why John Mayer went back to his Curve(Pinstack Members trying to justify it with there was a new Curve out!!That was funny) It sounds like it still isn't ready and Rogers is going to put it out This Month. That's crazy in itself. The promises of a better OS or even build and a lot of us don't have 4.5 on our devices yet. Even to the fact of having said 4.7 is finished. BGR just confirmed its 99% the same as what we basically have now. Do you now have to wonder why device companies keep coming at RIMs neck. Soon you will see Emails and subtle OS tweaks won't be enough. And also for the record I'm not a fanboy for either. I just am a techy just like the rest of you. RIM has a solid reputation very well respected because of staying in their lane. Now they are trying to compete on the consumer side and they are rushing. Believe me they feel pressure. Some of you might not think so but its becoming clear. This is also why some members keep bashing Iphones. You feel the pressure as well. I/E how many of you guys have IBerry themes on your devices?lol. Trying to find everything that's wrong with the device instead of embracing it as competition trying to make our worlds better. Even if you don't get one it will at least force the device and company that you love to give you a better device. Showing you a Thunder and we don't have a Bold. Everybody is entitled their opinion and a lot of the time we hate because someone doesn't agree with you. Egos are ugly monsters!! I have love for you guys at Pinstack. I have learned so much about these devices and I appreciate it but this shouldn't get as ugly as it does. Some of us sound like Crackheads waiting for the next fix. Have a great day.

Nice post, Des.

I also get tired of the iPhone vs BlackBerry, PC vs Mac bickering. Live and let live, I say.

After reading that report I may just stick with my Curve. Just took the Seidio case off to install my microSD card and man, this is a beautiful, Crimson Red Curve!

I love the sound of the Bold's innards and it's a pretty handsome device, but frankly the description of the shell scares me a bit. I'm always extra careful with my devices, but it sounds like this might be more of an issue with the Bold.

I really expected something different.....real chrome, scratch proof crystal lens, now THAT would be the way to go!

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3
    bgr is down for me, for about the last hour....****

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yea, it's down for me also.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I read the article, pretty interesting! I will definitely get the skins and BSE on my BOLD!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it was a really detailed review.

I still think I'd rather have the Javelin...-shrug- as long as it has the same display as the Bold.

jesster202 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2052E8AA
    i hope that was a test unit for them i hope they put better lense in as i use my berry and i work in a shop for a living so im allways worryed about the screens but then agian i hope and can only hope maby i might hold out on the launch date but then agian i might take the plunge

Well, as it is, I'm not eligible to upgrade 'til 8/09 so I'll be able to hear/see all kinds of pros and cons for the Bold, Javelin, Niagara, Kickstart, Thunder and whatever other devices RIM comes out with by then!

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    Very nice review. Developers and engineers are working hard and we know it... it's improving everyday...

However this really does affect the general public. There are MANY consumers of the phone do NOT know what an OS is or how to do it, nor will they want to. Therefore RIM needs to get this right from the first time the consumer has it in their hands.

If not, there has to be some sort of efficient system where the consumer can take it somewhere or easily update the OS on the phone...I wouldn't imagine this would be possible since it's such a big file.

It's positive hearing that OS upgrades take less then 10 minutes now though...

Really nice review... puts my decision of getting the Nokia e71 into perspective. That BB screen must be great...
    REVIEW: SEIDIO HOLSTER, BACK DOOR, RUBBERIZED CASE, BEST SKINS EVER!

Contains A LOT of pictures and if you have any questions, let me know!

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Sounds like a decent phone and my upgrade will be in october. I am probly gonna get one.

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd
    This was the best, and most informative review I've ever read for the Bold. I love BG! Nobody messes with the kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    Very nice review. Developers and engineers are working hard and we know it... it's improving everyday...

However this really does affect the general public. There are MANY consumers of the phone do NOT know what an OS is or how to do it, nor will they want to. Therefore RIM needs to get this right from the first time the consumer has it in their hands.

If not, there has to be some sort of efficient system where the consumer can take it somewhere or easily update the OS on the phone...I wouldn't imagine this would be possible since it's such a big file.

It's positive hearing that OS upgrades take less then 10 minutes now though...

Really nice review... puts my decision of getting the Nokia e71 into perspective. That BB screen must be great...
    Completely agree. I think it'll be a great phone, but it still feel too business-esque for me. And the review does taint the public view of the device. But I'm sure everything will be ironed out by launch.