In my seemingly epic quest to locate an app (read: file manager) that will allow ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Phylum no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Network Share (Windows Share/SMB) File Manager

In my seemingly epic quest to locate an app (read: file manager) that will allow me to access network shares, I found two products that appeared really promising:
    • Rove Mobile File Manager
    • PaderSync File Manager
    Both install fine on .266, but they fail to access any network resources either via TCP/IP, BES/MDS, BIS, or WiFi.
    1. Rove produces two errors depending on which method used to connect:
      1. 'Error while reading from socket'
      2. Or it simply never finishes the 'Fetching server root folder...' Task
    2. PaderSync gives a more complete error depending on which connection method I use:
      1. Connect failed. Input/Output problem. Timed out
      2. Protocol negotiation failed. Protocol error. defaulthandernio Connection Handler does not exist.
    First: Is this a device or a BES specific configuration item or limitation?
    Second: Has anyone used either product with success?
    Third: Assuming there may be a problem with the app & its not a device/BES specific problem, hence Rove no longer offering it, is there a product that does work?

I can confirm that web browsing in general works fine, even when accessing the external inteface of my personal router.
    When on WiFi at home or in the office, or using BES/MDS, I can access our Intranet sites and my internal router landing page.
    Other Internet related services work fine as well (FB, MySpace, AIM, WLM, Y!M, GTalk, GMail etc)

FYI, I used .93 back when it was released specifically because it claimed to offer the ability to access to [network] shares, but I also had problems with that. Thinking the problem may have been related to our BES OS version, I sought advice on said feature, but never received confirmation. Thats what prompted me to search for a third party app that would do this. Again, I'm very much open to the possibility that its a BB device or BES configuration issue.

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated and I'm willing to troubleshoot if need be.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow, you've done more homework than I have. I've been trying for about 3 years to find a solution to accessing network media.
    ~via smartphone

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    I have something I am working on right now, I bought a NAS unit and a 1.5TB drive, and the nas can be set up with FTP, and i have used beFTP before and logged into my godaddy site, and was able to browse files and such, but could not edit anything, i image because i had the free version. but im going to be playing with all this and will let you know if i get anywhere.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2
    BES admin here , trying to get fileserver access (windows) to work also .
    Upgraded to BES 5.0 (seemed the first logical step to me) .

But still fail up till now .

Also on the client side , I do not have a clue how anyone would be able to "browse" their files . I don't see a program anywhere . I even installed the MDS application on the bold but that doesn't bring me anywhere .

Even blackberry support themselves don't seem to know all too much about the new BES 5.0 . So I am not going to try out too much in my production environment myself either .

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2
    Phylum : if you really want to use a third party application to access the fileserver you might look at .