hi! who are from philippines in here?! hmmm. Im from philippines, and i just wanna ... BlackBerry Bold forum

karl9000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20F5C91C

Question network mode and battery issue of bold 9000

Advertisement

hi! who are from philippines in here?! hmmm. Im from philippines, and i just wanna ask if what is your network mode is it in 2g, 3g, or 2g & 3g??? and what do you do in order to save battery? my bb bold 9000 eats battery so fast. from 100% after how many texts and calls it goes down to 90-80%. i have done all the screen contrast adjustments and etc.. thanks! hope someone can answer it all.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-26-2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: bold, font size

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    have you updated the OS on your Bold? People have found that a newer updated OS fixes some of the major battery issues. When you do the updated, ensure to remove your SD card while updating. Sometimes having the card in will lead to increased battery draining.

keep us posted on your progress...
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com

PIN/ID
    20F5C91C
    how to update OS? my OS right now is v4.6.0.247 (Platform 4.0.0.206)
    in updating OS, are my contacts and messages be deleted? and do I need to be provision again to my service provider?
    what is the effect when updating the OS? does it affect all the settings i set?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hi Karl and welcome to Pinstack. Newest OS for the Bold is .282 from Roger's Wireless. The download link is here. Just select your device from the list and download the version that says 'Applications: 4.6.0.282'. The guide for updating your OS is here. Also, when you perform an upgrade, Desktop Manager will backup your contacts, calendar, etc and restore it after installing the new OS. Updating the OS usually provides bug fixes, new features, and better battery life over the stock OS (most of the time).

By the way, if you ever wanna look at the newest OS for your device, it is listed at the top of the forums for your device, usually titles, "Latest Official OS for xxxx".

Wow..Never used the phrase OS so many times in a single post.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    20F5C91C
    I think i can't do it. haha. im not confident on upgrading the OS of my phone bro. and one thing im from philippines and my service provider is smart telecom. haha. im not that good in doing such things. btw, thank you for the support. is this the only way on saving battery? are there any other way?