Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kayhites717

Hey guys... yes, I know, I know.. .it has been forever since i have been ... BlackBerry Bold forum

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!

Need OFFICIAL OS 6 for 9700 ATT

Advertisement

Hey guys... yes, I know, I know.. .it has been forever since i have been on pinstack... for those of you who know me... I know you love and missed me... For those of you who dont know me... well, at least you didnt know what you were missing... lol :-p

Alrighty... here's the dilemma... I have a ATT Bold 9700. It is Unlocked and i am using it on Tmobile. I am currently running OS 5 and i want to run OS 6. It doesnt really matter wether the os is tmobile or ATT. IF it is tmobile.. i will just delete the vendor xml. but, its whatever. I dont want a beta OS or a HYBRID or Leaked OS. I seem to be having troubles finding a link for an OS 6 Download (official) I dont want to go thru RIM or BB, because it wants me to download and update my DM software to 6 and i just dont wanna. i like my DM just the way it is. lol. So, anyone willing to throw me a link for an official OS 6 for a Bold 9700... Preferably ATT, i would certainly appreciate it!!

Happy Stacking Folks.

Kay
    eliassunny likes this.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Hi Kay I'm with tmo and the official one you will get from them is 6.0.0.448, I am currently running 6.0.0.650 which you can do a quick search for in fact give me a sec here you go https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B9D07943D855AB this is right from blackberry.com. I have not had any issues with this version at all just check no when it asks to update your DM. This one is Bell Mobilicity but I'll see about a AT&T. Here this one is AT&T https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    okay PapaMag. Thank you for the info. Yah, that downloading DM is bs... lol i dont want anything to do with it. So the link you gave me for 6.0.0.650, i just need to delete the vendor xml before install and i should be good to go, right? geez it has been soooo long since i have done an os upgrade on my phone.. and the last three i did OTA, i hope i remember how to do this with DM. lol. Sad, isnt it?
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Yes as long as you remove over OS's and the vendor file DM should pick up the update

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Yah, i dont have any other OS files saved on my Desktop and remind me again, my friend (so sorry been so long) i can just go into the os file itself and delete the vendor xml before loading right? and i dont have to remove my existing OS on my bb as it is... can just install and be done, right?

sorry for all the questions. the last os upgrade i did thru DM, was an unofficial leaked that wasnt ATT, and my berry wasnt unlocked, so i had to delete the att service books and put generic service books, use crackutil and all that business. just wanna make sure im not gonna brick my precious baby bc i make a stupid mistake. lol

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Thank you for the help, PapaMag. i really appreciate it. I dont know why i had such a hard time trying to find a link for the att OS6 i even looked on Blackberry website... so you are a far better surfer than I... lol. Thanks again.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Program Files - Common Files - Research In Motion - AppLoader is where you will find the Vendor file. Not sure from your last response if you succeeded or haven't tried yet

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Yes... thank you very much PapaMag... I knew it was under Program and Common Files and RIM, but couldnt remember the AppLoader part... i havent loaded it yet... been busy... I actually just put my Bold up for sale. You will see my Thread in the 9700 Forum. I was kinda waitin to see if i am gonna get any bites before i load the software. Thank you for all your help. i have the OS on my PC, just waitin to see if its gonna sell. I didnt know i wanted to sell until this afternoon. lol